[Roadsters] Look what fell out of my front cover!

John Stromgren lutepisk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 18:09:38 MDT 2017

Hey, All.

Ended up taking off the front cover to find the washer I stupidly dropped
in there.  Also found this!

​
​I'm sure this head tells a sad tale:

​
​
I didn't notice until after I had taken the photograph that one of the
valves is split, or cracked.

That obviously needs to be replaced, but I'm such a complete novice at this
that I don't even know how to ask for what all this head might need.  Could
you help me fill in the blank?

"Oh, my gosh, this head needs __________".

At least I can be grateful that I got far enough to realize that I need
some professional help, rather than just tightening down the head and never
learning how bad it was.

And about that timing chain guide/bracket thing - do I weld it, put it
back, and add a shim to the lower tensioner?  Maybe two shims?

Delighted to hear any suggestions you have for me, as long as you are kind.

Thankful for what I learn from you, as always,

John
SRL311-14061
Portsmouth, NH