[Roadsters] SU air filter to carb gaskets /very rough idle

Roy Haslett hrhaslett at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 28 17:01:26 MDT 2017

I had the same problem on my 1600.  Car ran terribly.  I sprayed some carb cleaner around the intake while it was running and the idle increased, signaling a leak.  The gaskets between the carbs and intake had basically disintegrated.  Check there to see if that is your problem too.  The gaskets at the air cleaner should be there too for proper air flow once you have balanced the carbs.Good LuckRoy H.