[Roadsters] SU air filter to carb gaskets /very rough idle

D Riedel stamuki at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 10:26:44 MDT 2017

Thanks for the advice guys.  There's lots of good stuff there to try.

The fuel is either Co-op premium (a local operator), or Shell premium.  For
the latter, I'm not sure where the fuel is actually sourced, but it is 91
octane and contains 0% ethanol.  The Shell apparently contains a lot of
cleaners (which they are very excited to tell you about),and it too is 91
octane, with no ethanol.  However, the fuel has sat in the car since late
October.  I've had trouble post-winter start-up with gunk-filled fuel
filters in the past, but not with this rough running issue.

There is oil in the dashpots, although it may be a bit low (I know it's
covering the piston, but possibly only just)

I will double-check the dashpot oil level, plug wires and spark along with
doing carb cleaner vacuum leak tests.

I'll also give it a chance to run and little and check for uneven carbs,
stuck floats, etc.

Meanwhile, Ross at Sports Imports is tracking down the gaskets for me.

Cheers,
Dave

--
Dave Riedel