[Roadsters] Brake fluid recommendations

Gary McCormick gkmcc at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 6 08:01:32 MDT 2019

Environmental moisture finds its way into your car’s hydraulic systems any time the reservoir is uncapped, and who knows how else. I lost clutch function in the ’76 BMW 3.0 Si I used to own because a little bead of water that had collected in the lowest point in the system, which happened to be the clutch slave cylinder, froze—and then, when I pushed in the clutch pedal the first thing in the morning, that little ice chunk tore the seal.
Gary McCormickSan Jose, CA’70 2000, SRL311-13291