Subject: [DMVR] 7/06 Solo2 Event + St. Loco in late July

From: Will & Kelley Huxtable <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:10:45 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:[email-masked]
>1) Anybody doing the road-racing thang in St. Loco 7/26-27? I was thinking
about HPT for 7/20.....but cannot justify that amount of travel for only 1
day of racing (though all know I could use the schooling). <

Bart ...

I would heartily encourage you to come to HPT. It's generally cooler than
it is in St. Louis (something about a little grass to absorb some of the
heat - rather than the asphalt bowl).

Spend Saturday working a corner - learn more about where you could go
faster on Sunday! Or, if cornerworking isn't your idea of fun, spend the
day in Timing and Scoring, or on the Grid, or in another of our interesting
race-working specialties.

Several of our drivers have learned alot while spending time on a corner,
right Jarrod? If you don't want to spend the money on track time, you can
learn more about the course by watching several different lines in the same
turn for most of the day. Some of them are good, some of them are
not-so-good, others can be horrible!

TTFN ...
Kelley Huxtable
Busy Race Worker
Natl F&C
Divl Registrar
Sr T&S

---

From: "Jarrod Igou" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:48:31 -0500

Huh? What? Someone say my name???

Actually, Kelley is right on target. I learned a TON about road racing from
standing on a corner watching the cars go by. Learned even more standing on
the corners (sometimes unintentionally) after having driven them at speed in
the Miata.

I've also learned a ton doing cheap-track-time driver's schools. That
weekend's entry fees: race only, $190. Race plus school: $220. THAT, my
friend, is cheap track time. The Topeka school is (usually) pretty light on
attendance, too, so you can focus on driving and setup (unlike the St. Louis
school, where you're trying not to get run over.)

I'm pretty sure Jen and I will make the trip for Sunday's race at HPT....St.
Louie isn't in the mix 'cause of some dumb wedding (not mine). Company
picnic precludes getting to Heartland early enough for the school on
Saturday.

The blue Miata SHOULD be at the autocross in Waterloo this weekend, too....

Jarrod

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Will & Kelley Huxtable
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 9:11 PM
Cc: [unknown]
Subject: [DMVR] 7/06 Solo2 Event + St. Loco in late July

Bart ...

TTFN ...
Kelley Huxtable
Busy Race Worker
Natl F&C
Divl Registrar
Sr T&S

_______________________________________________
DMVR mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo/dmvr