Subject: [DMVR] Divisional in St Louis

From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 17:57:50 -0500

The Divisional Solo II in St Louis this weekend was a great event.  About 
135 entries and some tough competition.

John Haluska was leading the 6 car ES field after the first day and ended 
up in second by about .7 seconds.  His fourth run would have won, but he 
spun about half way through. :-)

Bob Lenz was trying to compete in FS with old tires.  This did not appear 
to be working very well.  Bob ended up in third place in a four car class 
with a Lincoln LS claiming the second place trophy:-(

My Ralt and/or my driver never really came to grips with the low traction 
conditions.  I won my single car class but was never happy with my times.

The next event is in Kansas City on June 21st and 22nd, just a few hours 
south.  Nice large blacktop lot at Arrowhead Stadium.

Was there an event in Waterloo this weekend?  How did it go?  Did many attend?

Greg Scharnberg

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 19:51:08 EDT

> Was there an event in Waterloo this weekend?  How did it go?  Did many 
attend?
---------------------------
A) Yup.
B) Pretty well thanks to event chairs Chris Bienert and Adam Ansorge. And 
Mike and Dan Slater. And prolly other folks I done forgot to mention.
C) Guessed at ~ 45. 5 official runs were offered in addition to many fun runs 
on the approx. 66.231688 second course. We had all equipment loaded and 
rolling for home by 5:22 PM. Chris and Adam chaired one heck of an event.

Next event is scheduled, sanctionally approved and will be chaired by Mike 
and Dan.

In addition to writing an article about the May event, I am finalizing the 
Phase 1 Solo2 Evolution School arrangements. This school is scheduled for 
8/16/03 at the Waterloo Dog Park Site.
To date I have 8 committed and 2 maybe's for this school. This means that we 
still have room for 2-4 folks. First come first served. Maximum of 12 
students. Void where prohibited by law or whenever anybody tries to autocross a Dodge 
Omni.
For a bit more detail about what to expect from the Evolution Solo Drivers 
School:
http://www.autocross.com/evolution

Bart