Subject: [DMVR] May 20 Solo Drivers School....

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 13:03:31 EDT

...Was a Class A event thanks to (not in order of height or weight): 
Tim Reinhardt, John Haluska, Joe Tharpe and Mike Bronson (AKA The Odd  Squad) 
acting as instructors for 12 "student" drivers. 
The day started with a "chalk talk" then went to practice sessions with  each 
driver receiving 20+ runs on 2 short courses featuring increasing and  
decreasing radius sweepers, slaloms, hook turns, a Chicago box and beautiful  
weather. The 3:1 driver/student ratio worked very well in providing a  personalized 
instructional atmosphere. 
 
Later in the afternoon the two practice courses were combined to form a  
typical Sandpiper course. It was impressive to see the improvement in times as  
the drivers further honed their skills.
Vehicles used for the school ranged from a Mazda MX6 to an Acura NSX to a  C5 
'Vette and of course everything in between.
The driver to student ratio seemed to work very well.
 
Hopefully this can become an annual event or even a biannual  event.
 
Hats of to the Odd Squad, "Flip" Talbot, Jon Payne, the students and others  
for making the day a great success.
 
Bart