Subject: [DMVR] Sad news...

From: Alex Wirth-Cauchon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:05:09 -0500

Dear DMVR friends,

I just received very sad news that Terry Gugler-Barth passed away last 
night after a very hard-fought battle with lung cancer.  Many of you 
will recall Terry and his wife Layne and their Miata "SUV 4 2" at 
several rallies.  Terry also campaigned his Saab, a VW Golf, and that 
SUV 4 2 at many SOLOs usually in the street tire pax.  The last one was 
March 2004 shortly before his diagnosis.  Terry ruffled a few feathers 
at Sprokets I think last year (and/or the year before?) and surely 
would have loved to join the event next week.  Might you take a moment 
to remember him when you are together?

Terry was a sculptor and was about to complete his second masters 
degree, an MFA at the University of Iowa.  He managed to bridge his 
passion for art and racing in several pieces that featured karting as 
prominent elements.  His last major project involved creating several 
hundred wooden figurines that could be taken apart and reassembled and 
were given to kids to keep and change and decorate as they saw fit.  He 
was most excited by and impressed with their creativity and wished to 
be able to help adults get back in touch with that creativity.  Much of 
his work therefore stressed interactivity with the "viewer."

I will let you know more about arrangements for the services as I learn 
them.

Thanks for your thoughts for Terry and Layne and their family.

Alex

-- 

Alex Wirth-Cauchon
[email-masked]