Subject: Re: [DMVR] Full Face Helmets and Airbag Equipped Vehicles..

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:37:42 EST

Mike and All;

  This was only an advisory type thing issued as a "heads up" for the regions 
and their officials. So far full face helmets are still allowable for Solo2 
in airbag equipped vehicles.
  And if my memory serves...our region has only 2 full facers out of a total 
of 8 loaners. This might be a good time to take inventory of our Solo2 
equipment (including helmets) and inform our BOD of what we have and may need in the 
near future.

Bart
In a message dated 11/18/04 9:02:40 PM Central Standard Time, [email-masked] 
writes:
Based on the Reply you you got  back from Doug Gill, I understand we are NOT
required to enforce participants not using a Full Face Helmete in a Vehicle
with a functioning Air Bag.

The only problem I see from the Standpoint of DMVR would be from a liability
standpoint.

We (as a club) are providing Loaner Helmets to participants.  If we provide
a full face loaner helmet and something happens, What kind of LEGAL problems
would we have being that concerns have been raised about the Full Face
Helmet with Airbags.

---

From: "ERIK S TALBOT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:08:22 -0600

I agree Bart...I sent the message to those at National since that was the
suggestion on the Solo Safety mailing list...I provided what I thought was
"feedback" and Mr Gill slammed me.

I knew it was "advisorty" but then again, discussion was regarding 2005...a
mere month and a half away.

Felt heads up as to any impact either we as a region (buying new helmets) or
our members...counsel on what not to buy etc. was timely.

So much for Mr. Gill's customer service...<rant mode off>

Flip (ped) Out
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
  To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
  Cc: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> ;
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> ;
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> ;
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> ;
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> ;
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> ;
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> ;
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> ;
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> ;
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> ;
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
  Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 9:37 PM
  Subject: Re: [DMVR] Full Face Helmets and Airbag Equipped Vehicles..

  Mike and All;

    This was only an advisory type thing issued as a "heads up" for the
regions and their officials. So far full face helmets are still allowable for
Solo2 in airbag equipped vehicles.
    And if my memory serves...our region has only 2 full facers out of a total
of 8 loaners. This might be a good time to take inventory of our Solo2
equipment (including helmets) and inform our BOD of what we have and may need
in the near future.

  Bart
  In a message dated 11/18/04 9:02:40 PM Central Standard Time,
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> writes:
    Based on the Reply you you got  back from Doug Gill, I understand we are
NOT
    required to enforce participants not using a Full Face Helmete in a
Vehicle
    with a functioning Air Bag.

    The only problem I see from the Standpoint of DMVR would be from a
liability
    standpoint.

    We (as a club) are providing Loaner Helmets to participants.  If we
provide
    a full face loaner helmet and something happens, What kind of LEGAL
problems
    would we have being that concerns have been raised about the Full Face
    Helmet with Airbags.