Subject: [DMVR] Top Gear no longer on Discovery

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:28:28 -0500

I'm sure there are a few of you who have become as addicted as I am to the 
Discovery Channel's broadcasts of an edited, Americanized version of the 
BBC's program Top Gear. Unfortunately, as of last night, the show is 
apparently no longer on their schedule. I wrote their Viewer Relations 
department last night and received a reply this morning that no future 
episodes are currently scheduled, but that the program might return at some 
future time. If you enjoyed this very British look at the world of cars you 
can join me in requesting it be returned by posting your comments at this 
address:

<http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations>http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations 

If you hadn't had a chance to see it my condolences, but write them anyway 
and ask for it. This was one of the most entertaining motoring programs 
I've ever seen.

Ric

---

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 01:41:04 -0500

At 09:20 PM 10/13/05, Dan wrote:
>The link does not work for me.

For some reason my mailer doubled it. Let's try again...

<http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations>http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations>http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations 

If you see an extra http in the middle it did it again, just cut and paste 
1/2 of the link (the part after the carat) to your browser or go to the 
DMVR Forums where a usable link exists in the Motorsports on Television topic.

I'll also note that a later email from them to me indicates that the show 
will be returning in December, but that they are "revamping it for a U.S. 
audience". I've heard rumors that this might mean an all new show with 
American hosts which I am quite opposed to. I'd like it to be the full 
British version, not a dumbed down U.S. clone, but I'd settle for 
continuing what we've been watching so far. I've already written them back 
expressing my view that the British hosts and flavor of the show are a 
large part of why I watch. My full reply to them is also on the Forums.

Ric