Subject: [DMVR] Drifting?

From: "Rhett Farnum" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 23:52:20 -0600

I'm watching "RIDES" on TLC and its the V8 Lexus swap. They are focusing on 
Drifting. I was kind of wondering if DMVR was going to start a drifting 
section or if we could just maybe after an autocross event if we could 
"drift" the autoX course or something. Maybe it would just be fun runs and a 
few people w/ drifting on our minds while making "fun runs."

On the otherhand would it be possible for us to have more event where we do 
have "fun runs" also? I have never actually gotten to go out and not be 
fighting for time. (Other than when I was test running the course for the 
event I chaired with Bob.)

Thanks for reading though! Be looking forward to my next ride! Hopefully its 
ready by March!! ;-)

Peace Out,
Rhett
Rocco_crossing
'83 Rocco (DEAD!!) :-(  Now what to do???

_________________________________________________________________
High-speed users—be more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet 
Software. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/prem&ST=1

---

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 02:16:03 -0600

At 11:52 PM 2/3/04, Rhett Farnum wrote:
>On the otherhand would it be possible for us to have more event where we 
>do have "fun runs" also? I have never actually gotten to go out and not be 
>fighting for time.

Yes, it's possible. The decision to allow fun runs is always at the 
discretion of the event chairpeople. The reason it doesn't happen very 
often is that most event chairs have had quite enough fun after having been 
there for 8 to 10 hours and would like to get things gathered up while 
there are still a reasonable number of people to help. I know in my case 
there have been several occasions where we've allowed fun runs only to have 
those folks who stayed for extra runs pack their own stuff and leave 
without lending a hand to tear down and pack the club's equipment, which 
doesn't leave one too predisposed to having fun runs.

Ric

---

From: Chanda Hufford <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 07:58:41 -0800 (PST)

--- Rhett Farnum <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I was kind of wondering if DMVR was going
> to start a drifting 
> "drift" the autoX course or something. 

I personally think it's silly and dangerous and I'd be
perfectly happy if the DMVR didn't pursue this. I just
think it's going to attract too many hot shots that
aren't going to have enough knowledge to do it safely.
Just my $.02 worth.

Chanda

=====
~*1996 Plymouth ACR Sedan*~
"Wahoo" / 93,000 Miles / #44 in STSL
-->2003 Buell Blast<--
"The Purple Cricket" / Just over 100 miles :)

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it!
http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/

---

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 10:13:31 -0600

>aren't going to have enough knowledge to do it safely.

I was trying to come up with a diplomatic way to say this too, but I think 
Chanda's comment is spot on.

Ric

---

From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 10:19:10 -0600

I didn't think it was something that regions would do.  SCCA just sanctions 
them to make money.  I'm sure it's not part of Solo II and probably isn't 
covered by the Solo II Sanction and insurance.

But I could be wrong!  :-)

Greg Scharnberg

At 07:58 AM 2/4/2004 -0800, you wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>DMVR mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo/dmvr