Subject: [DMVR] SRF Tire Rule Change

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 08:30:02 -0500

To: Competitors, Stewards, and Scrutineers
From: Jeremy Thoennes
Re: SRF Tire Rule Change
Date: July 7, 2005
During the Board of Directors conference call on June 28, 2005, the
following item was approved. The Board requests that GCR Section 1.2.2.C
be utilized for notification:
Effective July 5 th , 2005, Add the following to section 17.1.5.C Spec Racer
Ford Specifications Chassis F:
1. A competitor must start the race on the same set of tires (meaning
the original four) as used in a qualifying session for the race. The
only exception is rain tires. It is the responsibility of the competitor
to ensure their tires are marked appropriately for qualifying and race
sessions. It is recommended that regions offer these services at a
central location, such a pre-grid or tech.
2. A change of tires during or between a qualifying and race session
shall automatically result in all previous times being disallowed.
3. If a tire is damaged during a qualifying session, the competitor may
replace that tire with a used tire upon approval of the Chief
Steward. Should a tire be replaced for any reason, the competitor
shall forfeit his or her grid position and start at the back of the grid.
Please contact me if you need further information.
Thanks,
Jeremy Thoennes
Technical Manager, Club Racing
[email-masked]