Subject: [DMVR] Annual Award Nominations

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 00:29:18 -0500

DMVR Annual Awards
Our 2004 awards banquet is quickly approaching and it's time to think about 
nominations for some of our annual awards.

In addition to the class awards earned each year for Racing and Solo 2 
competition and participation the following DMVR awards are considered 
annually. In each case the applicable group or committee has the discretion 
on whether or not a particular award is bestowed each year.

Don Hoskins Award:
DMVR's highest honor is presented to a DMVR member who has consistently 
given several years of outstanding service to DMVR. General characteristics 
to be considered are past accomplishments for DMVR, general contributions 
to the region and general sportsmanship. Given only when a candidate is 
nominated who clearly exemplifies the spirit of the award. On or before 
November 1, brief written nominations for the award may be submitted by any 
DMVR member for consideration by the Don Hoskins Award Selection Committee 
(consists of the RE and all prior recipients who are DMVR members). 
Selection Committee meeting called by RE during November to determine 
disposition for the year. The Committee will select a qualified recipient 
who receives at least 75% of the votes of the committee members present. If 
75% is not achieved, the award will not be presented for that year.

Criteria: Should not be a current board member; should not be awarded for 
normal board functions; should not repeat for at least 8-10 years; primary 
consideration should be given for contributions to DMVR; Divisional and 
National should be secondary considerations.

Get your Hoskins nominations in to Jarrod or any committee member.

Previous Hoskins Award Recipients
1973 Clyde Nipper
1974 Sam Scharnberg
1975 Ron Hoyt
1976 Ron Sharp
1977 Greg Scharnberg
1978 Barb Zimmerman
1979 Jack Andrews
1980 John Armstrong
1981 Jean Sharp
1982 Bob Dickelman
1983 Richard Fisher
1984 J. B. Silverberg
1985 Fred Thomas
1986 Bob Maurer
1987 Mark Paar
1988 Deb Goodner
1989 Ron and Jean Sharp
1990 Joe Rosenberg
1991 Kris Mandt
1992 Ric Johnson
1993 Lyle Kreps
1994 Tom Juckette
1995 Greg and Sam Scharnberg
1996 No award
1997 Bob Eddy
1998 Colan Arnold
1999 No award
2000 Ron & Monica Shaw
2001 Marina Kraft
2002 Rick Talbot
2003 Nancy Mandt

Racing Competition Awards

Driver of the Year: Recognition by his/her peers of a licensed DMVR / SCCA 
competition race driver for outstanding representation (performance, 
driving ability, competitive spirit, overall representation of the true 
spirit of Club racing, etc.). Awarded by vote of all active licensed DMVR 
drivers participating in the current season.

Rookie Driver of the Year: Same as Driver of the Year, but only competition 
drivers in their first year as licensed DMVR, SCCA race drivers are 
eligible. Awarded by vote of all active licensed DMVR drivers participating 
in the current season.

Winged Bitch: Presented to a race driver who has the worst luck throughout 
the season regardless of how hard they try. Awarded by vote of all active 
licensed DMVR drivers participating in the current season.

Race Official Awards

Worker of the Year: Recognition by his/her peers of a DMVR, SCCA worker who 
has contributed an outstanding effort as a race official and to the sport 
of auto racing, and who best exemplifies the working spirit demanded by 
their specialty(ies) and devotion to the sport.
All licensed DMVR race officials in any specialty are eligible. Awarded by 
vote of the licensed DMVR race officials in all specialties.

Rookie Worker of the Year: Same as Worker of the Year, but only those race 
officials working their first year in any SCCA licensed specialty are 
considered for this award. Awarded by vote of the licensed DMVR race 
officials in all specialties.

Solo Awards

Have You Considered a New Sport (HYCANS): Basically, the Solo equivalent of 
the Winged Bitch award. A fairly unofficial trophy, awarded by pretty 
unofficial committee within the Solo community.