Subject: [DMVR] Worker of the Year Award

From: David Champion <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:37:51 -0600

FYI: Fwd from Lisa Noble.

-------------------------------------------------
Hi Crew,

Please forward this to as many MiDiv folk as possible. This is a new 
award that has been endowed by a long time SCCA member. I'd like to have 
some nominations from our Division come through.

Thanks,
Lisa Noble
Area 6 Director
-------------------------------------------------
TOPEKA, Kan. (Nov. 21, 2008)  SCCAs first ever Worker of the Year 
award will be presented at the 2009 National Convention in Las Vegas and 
the Club is seeking submissions for the inaugural recipient.

Approved in 2008 by the Board of Directors through a 20-year private 
endowment by an SCCA member, the Worker of the Year will be presented to 
the volunteer who shows the greatest commitment to SCCA motorsports 
activities, be it in Club Racing, Rally or Solo. This person should 
personify the SCCA volunteer, who gives of his or her time and effort 
toward helping organize, work in a specialty or any volunteer role 
necessary to a motorsports event.

The recipient will be awarded a trip to any motorsports event anywhere, 
with any sanctioning body. Nominees shall have a minimum of five years 
of service with SCCA events and may not be a paid SCCA staff member, 
current Board of Directors member or any member who is a paid consultant 
to SCCA.

Nominees should be submitted to [email-masked] or faxed to the 
attention of the SCCA President at (785) 232-7228. Nominations must be 
received by close of business December 1, 2008 for consideration for the 
inaugural presentation in 2009.