Subject: [DMVR] Machine Shop Recommendations?

From: "Karl Thacker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:02:40 -0500

Hello-  any have recommendations for a machine shop in the Des Moines area?
(within 20 miles or so)

Looking to have Honda 16-valve head milled and 3-angle valve job done.

Thanks.

Karl Thacker

---

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:19:06 -0500

>Hello-  any have recommendations for a machine shop in the Des Moines area?

I'd recommend either Harvey's in Norwalk (did a great job on my 'B motor) 
or Maco (no, not Maaco...<G>) on East University.

Ric Johnson

---

From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:02:24 -0500

Randy at Hyperformance has done the Twin Cam Lotus head and the Super Vee 
head several times over the last several years.  He specializes in drag 
race Hogs but I think he will still work on car stuff (not sure about rice 
burners though).

I think his shop rate is about $70.00/hr.

Greg Scharnberg