Subject: [DMVR] Johnson to leave SCCA for CCWS

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:39:04 -0500

TOPEKA, Kan. (Aug. 16, 2005) Sports Car Club of America, Inc. President and
CEO Steve Johnson announced today that he will resign from his post,
effective Sept. 15, to become the President of Champ Car World Series LLC.

Johnson served as President and CEO for SCCA since June 2000, assuming the
similar role with subsidiary SCCA Pro Racing in April 2001.

"Steve has been a tremendous asset to the Sports Car Club of America," SCCA
Chairman of the Board Gary Pitts said. "On behalf of the Board, we are sad
to see Steve go, but wish him the very best of luck with his new position."

"This is one of those opportunities in your life that you simply cannot
pass up," Johnson said. "I'm very confident in the team that is in place
and comfortable to leave the company and Club in its current status. SCCA
is financially sound, looked upon as a leader and is in the best position
ever within the industry. At the risk of sounding clichi, I'm going out
while we're on top."

"While I'm moving to another motorsports sanctioning body, it is one that
is very much a partner to SCCA. I understand SCCA and its strengths. I
would not have had this new opportunity without my association with SCCA,
and I will remain very loyal to the Club."

The SCCA Board of Directors will begin the process to position Johnson's
successor shortly.