Subject: [DMVR] Newton track to include road course?

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 09:59:04 -0500

While none of the local reports on the new Newton Speedway have indicated 
it an article on www.arcaracing.com regarding the groundbreaking ended the 
following interesting passage:

>SAFER Barriers will be installed around the perimeter of the track, and a 
>road course is also planned for implementation using the oval and part of 
>its infield.
>
>ARCA RE/MAX Series ties to Iowa include a road course race on the streets 
>of Iowa (Ruan Des Moines Grand Prix) on July 3, 1994 won by Scott Lagasse. 
>Former series champions Ramo Stott and Ron Hutcherson were both from 
>Keokuk, Iowa. Hutcherson's champion car owner Jack Housby was from Des 
>Moines. Kimmel's car owner Larry Clement, one of the investors in the Iowa 
>Speedway, currently resides in Fort Dodge, Iowa.

Ric

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 13:25:49 EDT

I'll believe that when I see a "roval" there. If MVRG ever runs there that is 
up to those folks. It depends on the course, I still say we are lucky we 
haven't lost a driver at Gateway.