Subject: Re: [DMVR] Drifting?

From: "Rhett Farnum" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 02:12:59 -0600

WOW, I stuck one heck of a chord!! I did not mean to get people into heated 
debates about what is attempted drifting compaired to a simple mistake. I 
was more or less just asking a question about whether something like 
drifting was going to happen or not. Obviously not. I do plan on driving 
more agressively this year than last as I am much more comfortable in my new 
toy. But we will see how many times I whip it around cause I was a little 
too deep. I plan on learning a lot more this year!

The other thing I was looking for was MORE SEAT TIME!! I want more!! I hope 
to hit a few more events and possibly some other regions and other car club 
events. I am also hoping that my girlfriend will begin to come more 
regularly so that I can co-drive with her also. The times she is not there I 
may be looking for co-drivers also. I want to learn more and in order to do 
that most people say more seat time. I don't have the money for driving 
school so autoXing is the only chance I really get! I know the schools are 
worth it but ISU schooling is much more important at the moment.

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE ENTERED THEIR $.02 ABOUT DRIFTING THOUGH!!! Maybe 
we can make a club TRIP to a drifting contest somewtime just to see it live. 
MAYBE?

Peace Out,
Rhett
Rocco_crossing
'83 Rocco (DEAD!!) :-(  Now what to do???

_________________________________________________________________
Check out the new MSN 9 Dial-up — fast & reliable Internet access with prime 
features! http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=dialup/home&ST=1

---

From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 07:29:33 -0600

Iowa Region has several events on their schedule that will be held at the 
dog track in Waterloo.  Probably the best available autocross site in Iowa.

I also plan to attend several events in KC at Arrowhead Stadium so my 
daughter can show me how slow I really am.  They run in "heats" so you do 
not need to spend the entire day at the track.

Greg Scharnberg

At 02:12 AM 2/5/2004 -0600, Rhett Farnum wrote:
>snip-------------------------
>The other thing I was looking for was MORE SEAT TIME!! I want more!! I 
>hope to hit a few more events and possibly some other regions and other 
>car club events. I am also hoping that my girlfriend will begin to come 
>more regularly so that I can co-drive with her also. The times she is not 
>there I may be looking for co-drivers also. I want to learn more and in 
>order to do that most people say more seat time. I don't have the money 
>for driving school so autoXing is the only chance I really get! I know the 
>schools are worth it but ISU schooling is much more important at the moment.
>snip------------------------------
>Peace Out,
>Rhett
>Rocco_crossing