Subject: Re: [DMVR] Rally Postponed

From: "Rhett Farnum" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 16:42:03 -0500

Sorry Ric I hit the wrong reply button.

Is anyone willing to go watch with me or that would be willing to have me as 
a navigator ot passenger? It sounds really fun but I'm not sure I want to 
drive my first time out.

Peace Out,
Rhett
Rocco_crossing
'83 Rocco (autocross ready, tune up, install harness, and finally I may get 
to makeing it look better!!)

>From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
>To: DMVR List <[email-masked]>
>Subject: [DMVR] Rally Postponed
>Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 11:22:58 -0500
>
>The "Mother May I?" Road Rally has been postponed due to lousy weather. The 
>weather steward has been replaced and the event has been rescheduled for 
>Sunday May 18. Details can be found at http://www.dmvrscca.org/mmi03.htm
>
>Ric Johnson
>DMVR Webmaster
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>DMVR mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo/dmvr

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus

---

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 20:04:25 -0500

>Sorry Ric I hit the wrong reply button.

No problem....

>Is anyone willing to go watch with me or that would be willing to have me 
>as a navigator ot passenger? It sounds really fun but I'm not sure I want 
>to drive my first time out.

You shouldn't have any worries about driving. This is NOT a high speed 
rally like those you've seen on TV. Our road rallies are conducted on 
public roads in normal traffic at legal speeds, and typically you'll be 
spending most of your time BELOW the posted speed limit.  In the case of 
the "Mother May I?" Rally speed is not even a factor. This one will be 
decided solely on who accumulates the least number of miles on their 
odometer by the end of the event.  Most of our rallies are TSD 
(Time-Speed-Distance) events which reward you for correctly following a 
somewhat cryptic set of directions while maintaining a precise average 
speed. The winner of this type of event is the car which arrives closest to 
the ideal time, neither early nor late.  We normally double the penalty for 
arriving early to further discourage excess speed.

I've been competing in and planning rallies for over 35 years now (I drove 
in my first rally less than a week after getting my license!), so if you 
have further questions please drop me an email.

Ric