Subject: [DMVR] FW: All New SCCA Rule Books To Be Online in 2005

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:24:58 -0600

ALL NEW SCCA RULE BOOKS TO BE ONLINE IN 2005

TOPEKA, Kan. (Nov. 16, 2004)  In an effort to better serve its current and
potential members, Sports Car Club of America has confirmed that the 2005
rule books for Club Racing, Solo and Rally will appear online through
<http://www.scca.com/>www.scca.com in 2005.

This is something our members have asked for over the last couple years,
and were glad to announce that everyone will have easy access to our rules
beginning with the 2005 season, SCCA Vice President of Program Development
Howard Duncan said.

Previously available in electronic form only on an accompanying CD, the
Club Racing General Competition Rules (GCR) and category specifications as
well as the entire National Solo and RoadRally books will appear in Adobe
Portable Document Format (.pdf) online. Previously, only the SCCA
Performance Rally and SCCA Pro Racing rules have appeared online.

Publishing the Club Racing, Rally and Solo books online required an
adjustment to some of our policies to remain consistent with our
departmental revenue structures, Duncan added. All licensed Club Racing
drivers will now automatically receive a current GCR each year as part of
their license package, and at a $5 overall discount from previous years. In
Solo, the requirement still exists to have a copy of the current rules in
your possession at a National or Divisional event.

As with the electronic file on the CD in previous years, the online version
will not be considered an official document, but rather a reference. The
hard copy of all rule books remains the official document.

Electronic versions of all of SCCAs rulebooks will begin appearing on
<http://www.scca.com/>www.scca.com in mid-December, with all books
available in .pdf format by January 1, 2005.
______________________

Eric Prill
Director of Communications
Sports Car Club of America
SCCA Pro Racing/SPEED World Challenge
785-357-7222, 785-232-7228 fax
800-770-2055 toll free
785-250-7920 mobile
<mailto:[email-masked]>[email-masked]
www.scca.com, <http://www.sccapro.com>www.sccapro.com,
www.world-challenge.com