Subject: [DMVR] OT: Great Anti-Spam Tool

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 10:46:51 -0500

I'm sure many of you are as irritated as I am at the volume of unsolicited 
commercial emails clogging your inbox. Thanks to a recent mention on TechTV 
I've been trying a new anti-spam tool from New Zealand that's doing a great 
job, and it's freeware (the author suggests making a donation which will 
remove his banner from the top of the window, but it's fully functional and 
won't expire even without a donation). It's called MailWasher and the real 
beauty of it is not just its ability to filter, but the fact that it can 
automatically return a "bounce" message to the spammer making them think 
your email address is not valid. While I've only been using it a week I 
can't believe how much my incoming spam volume has been reduced already 
(probably on the order of 75-80%!). It only works on POP3 and SMTP accounts 
(no Hotmail or web based accounts) but for a regular account with an ISP 
it's brilliant. As a Eudora user I also really enjoy the ability to preview 
and selectively delete all the message headers of my incoming mail prior to 
downloading the messages to my email client. You can download a copy from 
http://www.mailwasher.net

Ric