Subject: [DMVR] Ron Sharp gets recognized

From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:28:31 -0600

Congratulations Ron Sharp!!  The highest award (IMHO) presented in the 
Division.

Kelley posted the following on the MiDiv board.

Greg

'The MidAm Driver of the Year - earned by Chris Albin of the Southern 
Illinois Region. DoTY points are earned during the year at MidAm regionals.

The MiDiv Worker of the Year - awarded to Dave Whitworth of the St. Louis 
Region for 2004. Dave is recognized for his substantial contributions to 
the divisional Solo II program over the past year.

In 2002, the MiDiv Executive Committe created the "Worker of the Year" 
award. Below is the resolution voted on by the Committee:

"An award to be given to an active member of any region in good standing in 
the Midwest Division. It would not be mandatory that the award be given 
each year. The award would be handed out at the Midwest Division Convention 
awards dinner. Nominations would be made by members of any region in good 
standing in the Midwest Division. A short recap of the nominee's efforts in 
a divisional activity during the year must be included with the nomination. 
The nominee could work in any activity within the division, but the award 
must be based on efforts at a divisional event - a divisional rally, 
divisional (Solotime) autocross, or a club racing school, regional or 
divisional event. Nominations would be sent to the Executive Committee 
Chairperson."

The England-Stipe Award - Ron Sharp of the Des Moines Valley Region. This 
award recognizes long-term contribution to the division. Ron has served in 
a variety of positions during his 40-year career with MiDiv, most recently 
as the MiDiv and National Driver Licensing Administrator. This award is 
chosen by the three previous recipients.

Kelley Huxtable
DMVR
"PLAY SAFE" '