Subject: [DMVR] Bart Holden Obit and Services

From: "Ric Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 18:36:39 -0600

Holden, Barton S.
Date of Death:
Nov 4, 2011
Location of Service:
Peterseim Funeral Home - Kalona

Beloved son, Barton Scott (Bart) Holden passed away unexpectedly at his home
in Indianola, Iowa at the age of 52 years on Friday, November 4, 2011.

Bart was born on July 7, 1959. He graduated form Taylor High School in Kokomo,
Indiana and graduated Magna Cum Laude with a BS degree in Business
Administration from Upper Iowa University. He worked for Corn States Hybrid
Service in Des Moines for 20 years. Bart was an avid sports car fan and won
many awards racing in Auto Cross as well as Miata Road Racing.

He is survived by his loving mother and dad, Elaine and Arlyn Holden of Des
Moines, Iowa, a beloved brother, Bruce (Patty) Holden of West Des Moines,
Iowa, and beloved Godson and nephew Brian Holden, grandparents, Mabel and John
Lamp of Tipton, Iowa along with many aunts, uncles, cousins, friends and his
beloved dog, Tucker. He was preceded in death by his grandparents, Margaret
and Palmer Holden of Tipton.

Visitation will be held from 4 to 7PM on Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at Dunn's
Funeral Home in Grand Avenue in Des Moines. There will also be visitation at
the Peterseim Funeral Home in Kalona, Iowa on Thursday, November 10 from 12 -
1PM with services at 1PM with Pastor Gerry Kahler officiating. Burial will
follow at 2:30PM at the Oak Hill Cemetery in Williamsburg, Iowa.

In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to the Holden Comprehensive Cancer
Center at the University of Iowa in Iowa City and the Animal Rescue League.

Condolences may be sent to
www.peterseimfuneralhome.com<http://www.peterseimfuneralhome.com/>