Subject: [DMVR] A great way to help support Street Survival Schools

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 23:17:16 -0500

As most everyone knows DMVR will again be hosting a Street Survival School to
teach some critical driving skills to a group of 16-21 year old drivers this
October. If you aren't familiar with the program and our school you can check
out our page at http://www.dmvrscca.org/StreetSurvivalSchool.htm which also
contains a link to the national Street Survival site.

What we've just learned is that there is an opportunity to potentially greatly
increase the funding for Street Survival nationwide via American Express's
Members Project. How this works is various projects are nominated by AmEx
members and those receiving the most votes will receive funding from AmEx, up
to $1.5 million for the project with the most votes. 2nd place receives
$500,000, third $300,000 and 4th and 5th $100,000 each. The first phase of
this is the nomination process where anyone can register and nominate or vote
for their favorite project. The nomination for Street Survival has already
been placed and we'd really encourage you to help by going to
http://www.membersproject.com/project/view/GN1G22 , registering, and adding
your vote to the nomination. After this process the actual voting will begin
among the top 25 nominated projects and for that you will have to be an AmEx
member/cardholder, so it's really important for those of you who are members
to support this. Street Survival is a very important project and one that we
are proud to be a part of. I hope all who read this, and especially the AmEx
members, will take the few minutes necessary to add your support to this
opportunity.

Ric