Subject: Re: [DMVR] August 20 Event...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 16:56:53 EST

Chip;
  You can pre-register here for any DMVR Solo Event:
_http://www.slateracing.com/html/event_registration.html_ 
(http://www.slateracing.com/html/event_registration.html) 
 
Or, you can sign up at the event site. In that case, it would be great for  
you to show up at ~9:00 AM or so to make sure that;
1) You clear registration.
2) Your vehicle passes tech. Tech is basically a safety check: Battery  
securely anchored, seat belts in good condition, wheel bearings, tires, wheels  and 
lug nuts in good shape, helmet meeting at least Snell 1995 M or SA standards  
(closed faced for open cars).
 BTW, We do have loaner helmets available.
3) You have time to walk the course at least twice. As one new to the  sport, 
I encourage you to find an experienced Soloist to help you learn the  ropes. 
Just ask for help at the registration table. You will find that all of us  
"old farts" are willing to offer advice.
Solo is pretty laid back and you will find folks happy to guide you through  
the day. It is not all that complicated and you will make new friends. And all 
 you need to do is ask for help.
Our next event is scheduled for 3/26/06. Plan to be there.
More info is available at:
_http://www.dmvrscca.org/_ (http://www.dmvrscca.org/) 
Welcome to our sport,
 
Bart
961-0072
--------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------
In a message dated 3/2/2006 2:54:30 PM Central Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

This  might be a dumb question, but how does one sign up?  (autox newbie  
here)

Hopefully by august 20th i'll get the new hankooks  
(grumble-backorder-grumble)

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 23:26:48 EST

Dan;
  We need to reserve this site ASAP. In fact, this should have been  taken 
care of months ago. All sites, and especially Waterloo, need to be  reserved 
months in advance. 
The Iowa Region has offered to handle the paperwork (sanction, insurance,  
etc.) for us to simply show up. All we have to do is pay the $300 site  rental 
fee + $40 blue room rental. And.....officiate the event.
All of this is not something that can be put off to the last minute. Kevin  
Frett of the Iowa Region has graciously provided us this opportunity to have a  
DMVR points event in August at a time and location that has previously been  
"TBA/TBD". And this site allows us the chance to design a Solo Nationals  type 
course that is impossible to replicate at Sand Piper or DMACC.
It is a perfect opportunity for those going to the Solo Nationals to "tune  
up" for their National debut. 
Will this replace the TBA DMVR event scheduled for 8/27? 
I don't know. 
Contact Jon Payne for an answer to that question. 
I am just the co-chair for the 8/20 event.
And I know exactly where I will be come August 20, 2006: In the T&S  vehicle 
making this event happen provided that we garner more volunteers to  conduct 
this event.
Again, we need at least:
One additional co-chair,
A registrar,
A chief of waivers,
At least 2 licensed SSS's.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------
 
In a message dated 3/2/2006 9:33:51 PM Central Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Am I reading this wrong?  It says if you do not have these chairs by  March 
17th there is no Aug event.  That is 5 months before the  event.  I know I am a 
little slow but that seems to be kinda far out to  cancel it.  I may help out 
but have no clue what I am doing for sure in  almost 6 months.  Would make 
more sense to me to say if you do not have  all the chairs you need by July 20th 
then say you cannot do the event.   Gives people more time to see if they are 
going to be around or not.   That is just my .02 cents.