Subject: Re: [DMVR] Obama tells GM & Dodge to get out of racing

From: Karl Thacker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 04:38:21 -0700 (PDT)

That was the debate we were having on Ken Grammer's Facebook page.  I just
thought with what's taking place these days it wouldn't seem a stretch for
Obama, but at the same time it would harldy be amusing.  I also thought C&D
would be above it, but you never know....
 
When I Googled it, the only thing that had come up was the article below, the
original piece, but then a few non-related discussions about how it truly is
expected GM & Dodge will end their involvment based-on some things seen and
heard.
 
But yah, the general consensus is that it was joke.
 
kt

--- On Wed, 4/1/09, Ric Johnson <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [DMVR] Obama tells GM & Dodge to get out of racing
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 12:05 AM

I think C&D got their April Foolishness in gear a day early. There's not a
hint of this anywhere else.

Ric
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Karl T<mailto:[email-masked]>
  To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
  Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 10:01 PM
  Subject: [DMVR] Obama tells GM & Dodge to get out of racing

  If it's true...

  And it won't be just NASCAR.  If there won't be any so-called Malibus and
  Chargers, there also won't be any Corvettes, Vipers, etc.   I'd make noise
  about this to anyone and everyone you know.

  Obama Orders Chevrolet and Dodge Out Of NASCAR - Car News

  http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/motorsports/
o<http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/motorsports/
o>
  bama_orders_chevrolet_and_dodge_out_of_nascar_car_news

  I'll admit, I voted for Obama, and I'm starting to wish I hadn't.  Why
  couldn't McCain have come-up with a decent running mate...
  _______________________________________________
  DMVR mailing list
  [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
  http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo/dmvr<http://www.team.net/mailman/listi
nfo/dmvr>
_______________________________________________
DMVR mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo/dmvr

---

From: MARK PAAR <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 13:12:42 +0000

http://www.thatsracin.com/135/story/6279.html
 If it ain't on nascar.com and thatsracin.com as news, then guess you got
April fooled!

> Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 04:38:21 -0700
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]

---

From: "Ric Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 21:45:13 -0500

>I just thought with what's taking place these days it wouldn't seem a stretch
for Obama, but at the same time it would harldy be amusing.

Gee, I don't know about that, I thought it was hilarious! Autoblog rated it #1
of their 10 best automoive April Fool's jokes of the year.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/01/auto-april-fools-round-up/<http://www.auto
blog.com/2009/04/01/auto-april-fools-round-up/>

Also really liked the BMW Magnetic Tow system and the Autoline Daily video
revealing the legendary 100mpg carb hidden at the Smithsonian. Turns out it's
an S.U.! (though they don't credit it as such....)

Ric