Subject: [DMVR] Fwd: cheap R tires, 225/50-16 BFG R1 Rain

From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:21:15 -0500

Just an FYI if you use 16" tarz.  I don't know this guy but it just came 
out on the Wichita list.

Greg Scharnberg

>From: "Locke, Colin" <[email-masked]>
>To: "Wichita SCCA (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
>Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:27:37 -0500
>Reply-To: "Locke, Colin" <[email-masked]>
>
>I totally forgot that I had a set of 225/50-16 BFG Comp T/A R1 Rain tires in
>the corner of my dad's basement.  I spotted them Sunday when I dropped by
>for Father's Day.  :)
>
>These are the original Comp T/A R1 tire, not the later G-force R1.  I bought
>them in 2001 when I last autocrossed regularly and were never mounted, still
>have stickers.  Please note that they are the rain compound and thus will
>work wonderfully for autocross, but you will overheat the tread if you use
>them for a dry trackday (at least blistered, delaminated possibly).  They
>have the usual Comp T/A asymmetrical sidewall with ~1 degree of camber
>"built in".
>
>$100 or highest offer, pick them up in Derby.  anything else can be
>negotiated.  if you don't use this size but know someone who does, pass this
>along.
>
>contact me via email:  gashuffer at bigfoot dot com.
>~Colin