Subject: [DMVR] KC Mayor Kay Barnes, JE Dunn and Eminent Domain suck.

From: "Eric Linnhoff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:13:29 -0500

Everyone should read the lead story on the front page of today's KC Star
entitled "Hope Rises for East Loop".

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/14052222.htm

And each time you read the JE Dunn representative using the term "blight",
substitute one of our club member's name, Victor LaViola instead.

Victor LaViola has been a good standing member of the KCRSCCA for many years
now and helps out both the Solo program and the Club Racing programs.
(50-ish year old Italian looking guy in a blue truck who helps with Solo
Tech.)

Yes, it appears as though Mayor Kay Barnes, the Kansas City "Economic"
council and majorly rich developers (JE Dunn) have decided that in their
opinion many properties in the "East Loop" of downtown Kansas City,
including Victor's, aren't living up to their financial potential.  So if
Victor doesn't sell out his property to their first offer (which will
probably be insultingly low), they fully intend to exercise the city's
"right" of Eminent Domain and deem his property "blighted" and seize it with
little or no fair compensation.

Yeah, this majorly sucks and goes against Victor's Constitutional rights in
SOOOOOOO many ways that it isn't funny.

I suggested that he should either find some Indian artifacts under the
concrete slab, or institute an "scorched earth" policy and poison the land
so badly as to render it an EPA Superfund site and unwanted.  And I wasn't
entirely kidding.

Big Brother really is out to get you, me and Victor, the little guys.  And
basically, we are powerless to fight it.

Thoughts?