Subject: [DMVR] Tom Juckette R.I.P.

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:43:13 -0600

Last night I received the sad news that long time racer and DMVR member Tom 
Juckette passed away yesterday after a year long battle with cancer. Tom 
racing career began in the 60s when he competed in SCCA events at Greenwood 
Roadway near Indianola and he went on to countless SCCA Regional, National 
and Pro races as well as drives in prestigious events such as the 24 Hours 
of Daytona and the Brian Redman International Classic vintage events at 
Road America. Tom was also greatly involved in our Ruan Greater Des Moines 
Grand Prix, both as a planner and competitor in multiple classes, and was 
the person primarily responsible for the initial course design for that event.

Tom was one of the first people I met when I first became involved with 
DMVR over 40 years ago as a pre-teenager. At the age of 12 I was asked to 
be a guide at Greenwood Roadway for a group of youths from the Iowa Blind & 
Sightsaving School and it was Tom who gave me a ride home from the track 
that day.

Tom will be greatly missed by all of his DMVR family and our condolences go 
out to his family. Funeral services have not yet been announced but will be 
posted as soon as they are available.