Subject: [DMVR] Another BoD Nomination

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 23:09:17 -0600

It appears that for the first time in many years there will actually need 
to be an election for one of the Board of Directors posts. At the November 
membership meeting I was nominated as a candidate for Regional Executive 
and I am quite willing to again serve on the Board.

For those of you who don't know me well, I've been hooked on sports cars 
since 1961 when I first discovered Road & Track, and I've been involved 
with DMVR off and on since 1964 when as a 12 year old I was asked to help 
explain SCCA road racing at Greenwood Roadway to a group of blind kids from 
the sightsaving school in Vinton. I began competing in road rallies in 1967 
as soon as I received my driver's license and began autocrossing in early 
1970 in my first car, a 1962 Mini Cooper. Currently I've been a member 
continuously for the last 15 years after taking off a few years to play 
with motorcycles instead. I have previously served for 9 years on the 
Board; two terms as Regional Executive, six terms as Rally Events Director, 
and one as Secretary, as well as a partial term as Solo Rules Director. I 
created the first iteration of the Region's web site in late 1996 (long 
before there was an official SCCA National web site) and have voluntarily 
operated and expanded it ever since.

I feel very strongly that there are areas of improvement for the club which 
have been overlooked in recent years, and would welcome the opportunity to 
lead the Board in both old and new directions. In particular I feel that 
we've been lacking in the social aspects that used to characterize the 
club, and feel we need to resume activities that bring together members 
from the different interest areas within the club. Along with this I think 
that both the Road Rally and Public Relations programs need to be 
reestablished. I also feel that we can do a better job of reaching out to 
new members, as well as retaining those we already have.

I feel I have the experience to know what has been good about the club in 
the past, and the vision to lead us forward. I would welcome your support 
in this election, and also your ideas as to how we can make the club better 
for all of us.

Ric Johnson