Subject: RE: [DMVR] Seat Time

From: "Rhett Farnum" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 21:15:08 -0600

THats a great idea for someone who is not broke. I barely squeeze this hobby 
into my budget. There is no way I could find a cart in my price range. Plus 
along with the tires and things for the cart I would ave to get a truck or 
some sort of vehicle for hauling the cart as it sure as hell ain't fitting 
in the back of my cars.

Peace Out,
Rhett
Rocco_crossing
'83 Rocco (DEAD!!) :-(  Now what to do???

>From: "al cram" <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>
>Subject: [DMVR] Seat Time
>Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 20:48:08 -0600
>
>Rhett,
>At the risk of getting banned from any future posts I'll give you my
>take on seat time.  It is the single MOST important thing in your desire
>to improve as a driver.  My advice is this:
>Go to the once monthly autocross event and do your best.
>Buy a kart, even if it's only a decent Briggs powered kart.  The Four
>tires for the kart will cost less than one tire for your autocross car.
>You can go to Marshalltown the other 3 Sundays of the month and get 2 10
>minute practice sessions and 3 10 minute races in Briggs, Yamaha, or
>shifter karts depending on your budget and preference.  Let's just
>compare.  On Sunday, if you get four  autocross runs and the courses are
>long at one minute each that's four minutes.  If you get to 10 events
>over the summer that's 40 minutes of seat time.  In one Sunday at
>Marshalltown you'll get 50 minutes of seat time.  The skills of car
>control, concentration, feel for the traction circle all transfer, just
>ask Michael S., Tony Stewart, and other that started in karts.  It's
>just my opinion but it can be a short cut to build seat time and skills
>that will serve you well on the autocross course.
>
>Al Cram
>Old Duffer Racing
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>DMVR mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo/dmvr

_________________________________________________________________
Get some great ideas here for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day - and 
beyond. http://special.msn.com/network/celebrateromance.armx

---

From: Chanda Hufford <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 20:29:53 -0800 (PST)

> '83 Rocco (DEAD!!) :-(  Now what to do???

Ditto with Rhett on this one. I don't think a kart
will fit in the trunk of my Neon ;) Plus I'm still
paying off the top end rebuiled on the poor thing PLUS
I need new race tires. To top it all off it cost me
more to be in the SCCA this year since the Speed
Freakz is no more :( If it weren't so dang fun, I'd
give up ;)

Chanda

=====
~*1996 Plymouth ACR Sedan*~
"Wahoo" / 94,000 Miles / #44 in STSL
-->2003 Buell Blast<--
"The Purple Cricket" / Just over 100 miles :)

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online.
http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html