Subject: [DMVR] Web Site and DMVR Forums Milestones

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:49:00 -0600

Dear DMVR members and friends,

Yesterday we passed a couple of milestones on both the Des Moines Valley 
Region web site and the DMVR Forums. On the web site we have now exceeded 
70,000 page views since installing the current counter back on 12/01/04, 
and on the DMVR Forums we passed 1,000 message posts since we changed to 
the current Forums last October 1, thus reaching a total of over 2,500 
posts since we changed the format of the Forums on October 1 of 2004.

Obviously the success of the DMVR Forums is a big part of why there aren't 
as many posts on this mailing list as there once were. We'll still keep 
this list active for any pertinent announcements, but if you are looking 
for conversations regarding anything in motorsport I'd encourage you to 
visit the DMVR Forums at www.dmvrscca.org/bb.htm where you'll find 24 
different topic areas covering anything and everything regarding DMVR and 
its activities, the SCCA in general, and discussion areas for all other 
forms of motorsport. So far our Solo community have been the most active 
users of the Forums, but there is a place for all DMVR members and friends 
to post your thoughts, comments and questions regarding your specific 
interests. Are you planning on attending an upcoming event and want to know 
who else is going? Have you attended, participated in or worked a recent 
event and want to comment on it? Have some comments on a race you've viewed 
on TV? Have you seen an interesting article in a magazine or on a web site 
you think others would be interested in? Do you have something automotive 
related you want to sell or need to buy? The DMVR Forums are there for all 
of those purposes. The Forums are also a great way of fostering a greater 
sense of community amongst our members and friends.

If you haven't yet tried the DMVR Forums I'd strongly encourage you to do 
so. The DMVR Forums are open for anyone to read and registering to be able 
to post is quite simple. We'll look forward to seeing you there!

Ric Johnson
DMVR Webmaster