Subject: Re: [DMVR] Drifting?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:46:34 EST

[email-masked] writes:

> That reminds me.  As the KCRegion Solo Chair we (KCR) need to come up with
>  some sort of policy regarding "drifting behavior" at Solo2 events.  I might
>  suggest that other regions do so as well.
-----------------
Uh ohh. We got Missourians on the list ;-).
  I believe that the development of a fair policy would be difficult if not 
impossible. It rests with the co-chairs and SSS's to ensure that unreasonable 
behavior on course be noted and that the offender be advised that a repeat 
offense of stupidity will result in disqualification and ejection from the event. 
Too objective? Maybe. But sometimes ya gotta go with your gut.
  Kinda like obscenity; intentional "drifting" would be difficult to define 
as a written policy. But if I see a participant at an event, on course, in the 
paddock or near the site exhibiting stupidity I will have (and have had) a 
discussion with them. 
That usually does the trick.

Bart Holden
DMVR A.R.E

---

From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 10:50:20 -0600

I don't think we can stop stupidity.  We just need to stop stupidity while 
driving.  :-)

Greg