Subject: [DMVR] Janis Foote, R.I.P.

From: "Ric Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 21:21:35 -0500

Last Friday we learned that Ron Foote's wonderful wife Janis had passed away.
It was only recently that she had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and
that she had only a short time left, but it was expected to be weeks or months
rather than mere days. She was transferred to hospice on Thursday evening and
passed away Friday morning.

Jan was a huge supporter of Ron's enthusiasm attending many Solos as a
spectator and cheerleader (and frequently sharing an extra sandwich or
beverage with Ron's friends) and an avid sports car driver herself with her
green Triumph Spitfire "Pie". A recent hip replacement operation meant she
could no longer comfortably drive a stick and the Triumph went to a new home
with Aimee Wright who is prepping it as a full on Mod car. Ron recently
delighted Jan with the gift of a Miata with an automatic but sadly she had
little time to enjoy it before the onset of the pain that heralded the onset
of the cancer. Jan will be greatly missed by those of us who had the good
fortune to know her. For those wishing to honor her memory, services will be
held this coming Thursday, June 16 at 10:00 AM at Grace United Methodist
Church, 3700 Cottage Grove in Des Moines.

Godspeed Jan!