Subject: Re: [DMVR] Full Face Helmets and Airbag Equipped Vehicles..

From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:56:18 -0600

Dan:

The Memo never said to enforce this.  It was just to let us know they are 
looking into it.  NOTHING TO ENFORCE.

There is liability for everything we do.  We could have legal issues if we 
supply any kind of helmet (or put on an autocross for that matter).  That's 
why we act prudently and we have insurance.

IMHO.

Greg

At 09:01 PM 11/18/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>Rick
>
>Based on the Reply you you got  back from Doug Gill, I understand we are NOT
>required to enforce participants not using a Full Face Helmete in a Vehicle
>with a functioning Air Bag.
>
>The only problem I see from the Standpoint of DMVR would be from a liability
>standpoint.
>
>We (as a club) are providing Loaner Helmets to participants.  If we provide
>a full face loaner helmet and something happens, What kind of LEGAL problems
>would we have being that concerns have been raised about the Full Face
>Helmet with Airbags.
>
>Thanks
>Mike Slater