Subject: [DMVR] Volvo Repair/Diagnostics?

From: Karl T <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:42:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hello

Any members work on Volvos or have shop to recommend?

Have a co-worker with a Volvo V40 wagon.  Month ago check engine light
came on- took to Betts and replaced section of wiring harness to light. 
Well, car is out of warranty and light is back on.  May be harness again,
may be actual code.

Tell you what, his short time with this car has me turned-off of
Volvos.....

Thanks
Karl

=====

www.geocities.com/kt_50320
 
And coming soon- a new & improved website!
 
www.karlsplace.net

---

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 01:39:39 -0500

>Well, car is out of warranty and light is back on.  May be harness again,

While they won't repair it, if you want to find if it is an actual code 
send him to an AutoZone store where they will plug in an OBD2 scanner and 
check the fault code for free. This service saved me a BUNCH of money 
recently on our Jetta as the dealer charges 80 bucks just to plug in the 
scan tool! Since you can buy a scan tool for around $150 this is obviously 
a real profit center for Jordan Motors... Of course these are also the same 
service people who argued with me that the oil pressure gauge calibrated in 
Bar in our Rabbit was a temperature gauge. Guess who will never see any VW 
of ours again...

Ric