Subject: [DMVR] July autox rain-out

From: David Champion <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:26:25 -0500 (CDT)

Just wanted to thank the co-chairs and others who organized the July 11th 
DMVR autocross. I thought the event was going well despite the weather - I 
was looking forward to getting my second set of runs in.

I'd like to help out as a co-chair some time in the future. I won't be 
able to help out in August - I'll probably just barely make it there. I 
could possibly help out at the September event in Marshalltown (which 
might be a good one for a new member). I won't be able to attend the 
October 31st event.

-dc

---

From: Chanda Hufford <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 05:39:11 -0700 (PDT)

> was looking forward to getting my second set of runs

Thank you for your compliments :) Darn Mother Nature
:) I know a lot of us were soaked to the bone by the
time we actually got out of there. I think my seat is
STILL damp from me sitting in it on the drive home :)
Glad everyone had a good time in spite of the weather
:)

Chanda

=====
~*1996 Plymouth ACR Sedan*~
"Wahoo" / 102,000 Miles / #4 in STSL
-->2003 Buell Blast<--
"The Purple Cricket" / Just over 200 miles :)

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail is new and improved - Check it out!
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

---

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:03:26 -0500

>was looking forward to getting my second set of runs in.

I too was hoping we could get at least one more run in, but several of us 
observed a lightning strike within a half a mile of the event site that 
made it imperative to get off the lot ASAP. Shortly after that decision was 
made a security person from the Casino came out to inform us that a storm 
cell was approaching with 60-70 MPH winds and golf ball size hail, 
confirming that there was no way the event could continue. Hopefully our 
"weather stewards" will be more cooperative for Waterloo... <G>

Ric Johnson
DMVR Webmaster & Solo Safety Steward