Subject: [DMVR] Rally Postponed

From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 11:22:58 -0500

The "Mother May I?" Road Rally has been postponed due to lousy weather. The 
weather steward has been replaced and the event has been rescheduled for 
Sunday May 18. Details can be found at http://www.dmvrscca.org/mmi03.htm

Ric Johnson
DMVR Webmaster

---

From: "Rhett Farnum" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 20:21:27 -0500

OK so is there anyone out there who would liek to navagate for me? I'm not 
sure if I will be driving my '92 Cutlass or the Infamous Scirocco. But is 
sounds like a blast!! Please?!

Peace Out,
Rhett
Rocco_crossing
'83 Rocco (autocross ready, tune up, install harness, and finally I may get 
to makeing it look better!!)

>From: Ric Johnson <[email-masked]>
>To: "Rhett Farnum" <[email-masked]>
>CC: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: [DMVR] Rally Postponed
>Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 20:04:25 -0500
>
>At 04:42 PM 05/05/2003 -0500, Rhett Farnum wrote:
>>Sorry Ric I hit the wrong reply button.
>
>No problem....
>
>>Is anyone willing to go watch with me or that would be willing to have me 
>>as a navigator ot passenger? It sounds really fun but I'm not sure I want 
>>to drive my first time out.
>
>You shouldn't have any worries about driving. This is NOT a high speed 
>rally like those you've seen on TV. Our road rallies are conducted on 
>public roads in normal traffic at legal speeds, and typically you'll be 
>spending most of your time BELOW the posted speed limit.  In the case of 
>the "Mother May I?" Rally speed is not even a factor. This one will be 
>decided solely on who accumulates the least number of miles on their 
>odometer by the end of the event.  Most of our rallies are TSD 
>(Time-Speed-Distance) events which reward you for correctly following a 
>somewhat cryptic set of directions while maintaining a precise average 
>speed. The winner of this type of event is the car which arrives closest to 
>the ideal time, neither early nor late.  We normally double the penalty for 
>arriving early to further discourage excess speed.
>
>I've been competing in and planning rallies for over 35 years now (I drove 
>in my first rally less than a week after getting my license!), so if you 
>have further questions please drop me an email.
>
>Ric
>
>

_________________________________________________________________
Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail