Subject: FW: [DMVR] Drifting?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:33:51 -0600

Resend for the rest of the list.  Speaking of 'a little embarassed'...
 
-Dan
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 11:30 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [DMVR] Drifting?

Daniel:

Glad to hear that you were approached in this manner.  Most folks are in the
same situation you were in and if anything, are a little embarrassed by the
mistake.

Greg Scharnberg

BTW:  Your reply did not include the list so you may want to re-send it.

At 11:07 AM 2/4/2004 -0600, you wrote:

Hey all, 

I've been lurking on this list for awhile, and as a younger attendee of DMVR
events, felt the need to add to the topic. 

I've got a '98 Dodge Neon, and I got a bit stupid at one of the Greyhound
Track (waterloo?) events over the summer.  Came out of a 180 degree turn
mostly sideways due to excessive speed entering the turn (was my first run
thru the course).  Right after the run was approached by a staff member who
politely cautioned me to keep the speed down and not intentionally repeat
what just occurred.  I was happy to comply; it wasn't intentional the first
time.

To add to the current topic - someone acting stupid on course may not be
intending to do so.  I appreciated the light demeanor of the staff that
approached me, and caution others to do likewise.  And yes, I think a
written policy on 'drifting' would be impossible to define.  Probably best
to stick to what the justice said, "I know it when I see it".

Also, I'd really like to attend a 'drifiting' event, but also agree it'd be
wise for dmvr not to sanction such an event given the possible liability.

-Dan 

-----Original Message----- 
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg [ mailto:[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> ] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 10:50 AM 
To: [email-masked] 
Subject: Re: [DMVR] Drifting? 

I don't think we can stop stupidity.  We just need to stop stupidity while 
driving.  :-) 

Greg 

At 11:46 AM 2/4/2004 -0500, [email-masked] wrote: 
>[email-masked] writes: 
> 
> > That reminds me.  As the KCRegion Solo Chair we (KCR) need to come up
with 
> >  some sort of policy regarding "drifting behavior" at Solo2 events.  I 
> might 
> >  suggest that other regions do so as well. 
>----------------- 
>Uh ohh. We got Missourians on the list ;-). 
>   I believe that the development of a fair policy would be difficult if
not 
>impossible. It rests with the co-chairs and SSS's to ensure that
unreasonable 
>behavior on course be noted and that the offender be advised that a repeat 
>offense of stupidity will result in disqualification and ejection from the 
>event. 
>Too objective? Maybe. But sometimes ya gotta go with your gut. 
>   Kinda like obscenity; intentional "drifting" would be difficult to
define 
>as a written policy. But if I see a participant at an event, on course, in 
>the 
>paddock or near the site exhibiting stupidity I will have (and have had) a 
>discussion with them. 
>That usually does the trick. 
> 
>Bart Holden 
>DMVR A.R.E 

_______________________________________________ 
DMVR mailing list 
[email-masked] 
http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo/dmvr
<http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo/dmvr>