[DMVR] Mazda Revitup Challenge

BSHolden@aol.com BSHolden@aol.com
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:19:06 EDT

Our esteemed money guy, Flip Talbot, recently wrote an article about this
competition offered by Mazda USA.
In a nutshell (appropriate term for this forum) you are given 2 chances at
negotiating a Solo2 type course in a Mazda 3 (last year it was a Mazda 6) for
fame and fortune and bragging rites and self humiliation and babes. Lots of
babes. Almost as many as Omni drivers must deal with.
Anyhoo.....I just got around to registering to compete on May 8 ,2004 in
Minneapolis, MN and noticed that there are plenty of spots still open for that
Saturday. And as an added bonus, a 1 year subscription to Autoweek (52 issues
valued at >$24 by discount outlets!) is included in the $40 cost.
  This is truly a steal of a deal.

So; I plan on driving up thataway during the afternoon of 5/7/04 and staying
at a Motel somewhere on the East side of the Twin Cities just off of 494. Red
Roof Inn comes to mind as a destination. I have registered for the session
starting at high noon and plan to head back to Des Moines by no later than 4:00
PM on Saturday.

If any one from the Des Moines area wishes to ride along...I've got room for
three more folks.

Who's going????

Bart