[DMVR] Drifting?

Ric Johnson johnsonr@dwx.com
Wed, 04 Feb 2004 02:16:03 -0600

At 11:52 PM 2/3/04, Rhett Farnum wrote:
>On the otherhand would it be possible for us to have more event where we
>do have "fun runs" also? I have never actually gotten to go out and not be
>fighting for time.

Yes, it's possible. The decision to allow fun runs is always at the
discretion of the event chairpeople. The reason it doesn't happen very
often is that most event chairs have had quite enough fun after having been
there for 8 to 10 hours and would like to get things gathered up while
there are still a reasonable number of people to help. I know in my case
there have been several occasions where we've allowed fun runs only to have
those folks who stayed for extra runs pack their own stuff and leave
without lending a hand to tear down and pack the club's equipment, which
doesn't leave one too predisposed to having fun runs.

Ric