[DMVR] Drifting?

BSHolden@aol.com BSHolden@aol.com
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:46:34 EST

knuckledragger@kcweb.net writes:

> That reminds me.  As the KCRegion Solo Chair we (KCR) need to come up with
>  some sort of policy regarding "drifting behavior" at Solo2 events.  I might
>  suggest that other regions do so as well.
-----------------
Uh ohh. We got Missourians on the list ;-).
  I believe that the development of a fair policy would be difficult if not
impossible. It rests with the co-chairs and SSS's to ensure that unreasonable
behavior on course be noted and that the offender be advised that a repeat
offense of stupidity will result in disqualification and ejection from the event.
Too objective? Maybe. But sometimes ya gotta go with your gut.
  Kinda like obscenity; intentional "drifting" would be difficult to define
as a written policy. But if I see a participant at an event, on course, in the
paddock or near the site exhibiting stupidity I will have (and have had) a
discussion with them.
That usually does the trick.

Bart Holden
DMVR A.R.E