[DMVR] Fw: This weekend

Jennifer.Igou@kemin.com Jennifer.Igou@kemin.com
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:51:11 -0500

Below is a brief recap from Jarrod about the MVRG meeting that was held
this weekend.  Hopefully this supplements what I sent you all this
morning.

Jennifer Igou, Account Manager

Kemin Food Ingredients
2100 Maury Street, Des Moines, IA  50317
Ph:  515-457-3048  Cell:  515-707-0962  Fax:  515-559-5210
Customer Service:  1-866-253-9579
email:  jennifer.igou@kemin.com
www.kemin.com

Notice to Recipient:  This transmission including any attachments may
contain confidential information that belongs to the sender and may be
privileged by law.  If you received this e-mail in error, any
dissemination or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

----- Forwarded by Jennifer Igou/Americas/Agrifoods/Kemin on 08/22/2005
02:49 PM -----

"Jarrod Igou" <jigou@raquet.net>
08/22/2005 02:25 PM

Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@netins.net>, healey46@aol.com,
mkraft@metabankonline.com, Jennifer.Igou@Kemin.com
cc

Subject
Re: This weekend

Awww, now you know better than that, Greg.

I think Jerry managed to honk us off enough on Friday during our meeting
that
forgetting about it took priority....

Here's a summary (not necessarily in order):

1. Jerry doesn't think the Exec committee will allow MVRG to hold three
events at
MAM plus let Nebraska hold an event in Hastings.

2. Assuming that outcome, Jerry wants MVRG to hold only two events at MAM
so
NR can hold an event at Hastings

2a. Marina, is this where he hinted at dissolving MVRG?

3. Jerry informed us that "you people" (DMVR) don't have a racetrack to
hold events
on should MVRG split. He also informed us that if we as DMVR petition to
hold an
event at MAM, NR will fight it with everything they've got. (About 30
minutes before
Jerry said that, Charlie Clark and I talked and Charlie doesn't think
there would be a
problem with the national BOD overriding NR.)

4. NR now has $15k in the bank, all Solo proceeds. They have promised not
to use
that money for road racing, but Jerry thinks they can use SOME of it. The
rest they
would, ideally, like to just borrow from MVRG. Not as a disbursement, mind

you....just borrow. They'll put it back. Honest. (Unless they lose it
all....)

5. NR would like to borrow the equipment from MVRG for the race in
Hastings. I think
we actually agreed to that....

6. Jerry wants to know, if the Midiv Exec Committee will NOT allow a third
event at
MAM plus one at Hastings for NR, how will DMVR's rep (referred to as "your
wife" as
he looked at me) vote on the conference call?

7. Frank Safranek stated that he doesn't think NR should be talking
about/supporting
races in Hastings. His reason was that, while the town keeps claiming
they're so
supportive of the track, there were ZERO Hastings residents at MAM.
(George, the
developer, did show up for a time on Sunday.)

8. Jerry informed Candy that she was being kept in the dark about details
pertaining
to Hastings (even though she's one of the 6 members of the NR BOG) because
she
works for "the competition."

Somewhere in there, during our Friday night meeting, Jerry was sure to
point out that
he's been on the BOG in NR for a very long time, and has been RE many
times. I
think that's when he was assuring us that the Exec Committee won't allow
the 3+1
events....

Several times we were all told that, even if the Exec Committee allows 3+1
events in
2006, 2007 will be another issue because NR will expect to hold 2 events
in
Hastings.

DMVR was accused of not wanting to be invovled in an event at Hastings
because of
the (VERY real, in my opinion) potential of the event losing money. I said
that, along
with the fact that the track is 300 miles from us, it's absolutely a
consideration. There
was no valid response that I recall when I asked where the customers for
an event in
Hastings would come from.

Jerry wrote the check for track rental before the race chair could
double-check the
bill and confirm the amounts. That check was voided and another was
written after
the race chair double-checked the bill and found some issues.

In general (and, of course, in my opinion), Jerry was about as obtuse a
person as he
could possibly be and still remain (barely) mature ALLLLLLLL weekend.

Dick Salem saw me on Sunday and could barely contain his excitement when
he
came to talk to me - he had heard that MVRG was going to dissolve. When I
told him
that wasn't the case just yet, he was rather disappointed.

How's that for a start?

Jarrod