[DMVR] Re: $ vs. skill

Bill Hart wish@sarcasmracing.com
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 14:56:36 -0500

I think Fred's point was that things can happen no matter how much
money, skill, or brains you have.  It doesn't matter that the driver
was experienced if the pit marshall screws up.

There are lots of stories floating around about what "really
happened" based on various view points and people who knew them.

What it boils down to was that this guy had a fast car on a race
track (seems like a pretty smart move so far) and something happened
that caused him to lose control.  In the end he died doing what he
loved.

This whole money/brains versus skill is such a moot point, accidents
happen, humans err, they're just facts of life and we take our
chances whether behind the wheel on the track, on the street, or just
walking out the front door.  Heck sleeping in your bed can be
dangerous depending on where your bed happens to be in relation to
falling trees and things, I don't think anyone would say you were
lacking in skill money or brains if a tree fell on you in your sleep ...

I would hope that if some such fate were to await me that the cost of
the car I was driving would have very little bearing on how people
viewed the incident.  I would hope that people would realize I was
doing something I love to do and cinch their belts an extra time
before heading out to do something they love.

Bill

"Bang a drum for tomorrow, bang a drum for the past.
Bang a drum for the heroes who walk on by"
   -- Chris LeDoux  1948-2005