[DMVR] Top Gear no longer on Discovery

Ric Johnson johnsonr@dwx.com
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 01:41:04 -0500

At 09:20 PM 10/13/05, Dan wrote:
>The link does not work for me.

For some reason my mailer doubled it. Let's try again...

<http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations>http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations>http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations

If you see an extra http in the middle it did it again, just cut and paste
1/2 of the link (the part after the carat) to your browser or go to the
DMVR Forums where a usable link exists in the Motorsports on Television topic.

I'll also note that a later email from them to me indicates that the show
will be returning in December, but that they are "revamping it for a U.S.
audience". I've heard rumors that this might mean an all new show with
American hosts which I am quite opposed to. I'd like it to be the full
British version, not a dumbed down U.S. clone, but I'd settle for
continuing what we've been watching so far. I've already written them back
expressing my view that the British hosts and flavor of the show are a
large part of why I watch. My full reply to them is also on the Forums.

Ric