[DMVR] pic from GrandAm

Karl Thacker kt_50320 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 15:21:31 MDT 2007

I thought attendance was excellent, especially considering I saw no advertising for the event I'd bet 80% of those in attendance didn't know the name of any drivers.  Quite a diverse mix of people including those in bibs and Garst hats, as well as those in Earnhardt and Gordon shirts.

Chuck was entered - my understanding it both cars had engine problems.  I was there for practice and qualifying, so I'll leave that to one of the others.

It was certainly worth the ticket price, but the concession prices are RIDICULOUS.  $2.50 for a 'tornado dog' that is nothing more than a hot dog that has been slashed.  And, get this, $3.50 for a standard size bottle of water or soda.....

More pics are up:  http://karlsplace.net/images/main.php

Karl

Sam & Greg <samandgreg at netins.net> wrote: Looks like there were some seats available.  :-)

Chuck H. was entered.  How did he do?  I didn't see anything in the paper.

Greg