[Fot] Intake Manifold Crossover

Bill Babcock billb at bnj.com
Sat May 5 14:27:39 MDT 2007

Actually, you see them on a lot of cars. They don't really help flow
much, especially coming in at a right angle as they often do. The
moderate pulses in the intake system by creating a larger air volume
downstream of the butterfly or CV piston. At least that's the reason
given for why they ware added to manifolds to begin with. Most early
intake manifolds look like the pattern for the castings was made from
plumbing bits. Perhaps they were. They flow as badly as they look. A
stock Triumph intake manifold flows about half as much as a similarly
sized modern one.

Bill Babcock
billb at bnj.com
bnj  Website for Babcock & Jenkins, a direct and interactive agency

You can subscribe to my Blogs
Via email:
All Aluminum Tour: Touring and racing classic North American tracks.
http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?Sub=168395
Ponohouse : Living and playing in Maui. http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?
Sub=168304

or Via RSS