[Fot] TimingChainTensioner

Dennis DeLap yellow-green at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 27 07:59:17 MDT 2008

AMICI

  I am looking for a good timing chain tensioner for my TR4.
  In the morning session last Saturday at VIR I started getting some lower than normal oil pressure readings.  The Oberg filter reading confirmed that I had what looked like chunks of spring steel in the system.  Sure enough - after exploratory surgery this weekend - I found that the reverse curved end of the chain tensioner had broken off.  You can guess the rest.

  Anyway - this was only the third weekend on this engine and the tensioner was new when I put it together last fall.  Pretty sure the tensioner was 'county' from one of the big three.

  So - anyone have a source for a better product,  or a good old used one, stainless steel, etc.

  Thanks
  Dennis DeLap