[Fot] Assembling new engine with old crank pulley - timing mark 12-15 degress off - why?

Richard Gehweiler mini at wi.rr.com
Sat Apr 19 18:37:19 MDT 2008

Scott,
Sometimes the vulcanizing bonding the rubber to the inner and outer metal
parts of the vibration damper lets loose. The two parts can then move in
relation to each other. I was timing an old British car once and I could
actually use the timing gun to watch the timing marks rotate around the
crank as the engine ran. Needless to say it was not possible to time that
car as it was, had to replace the vibration damper.

Richard Gehweiler
mini at wi.rr.com
1.262.894.5460