[Fot] Exhaust header for TR4

Tim Murphy timmurph at fastbytes.com
Thu Aug 14 00:50:19 MDT 2008

I'm looking for a source for an exhaust header for our 1961 TR4 vintage racer.
We have a 4-into-1 now but the flanges are very thin and the tubes aren't that
thick either.  It appears to be warping badly and is a pain to fit up with the
intake manifold thickness.  The head is the late TR4, TR4A head with the flat
above the #1 intake and exhaust ports, if that makes any difference.  As a
last resort I could make new flanges out of the appropriate thickness and weld
the old pipes in but I'd rather replace the whole thing if I can find one that
will work and is fairly "reasonable".  Thanks in advance.

Tim