[Fot] TR3A Mag Wheels

Wes Dayton wes at hsrca.org.au
Mon Aug 25 14:44:19 MDT 2008

In Australia, we are currently restricted to 5-inch steel wheels (or
optionally wires) primarily because that is what was available during the
period. Thumbing through some Triumph history books I came across a photo of
Lee Midgley racing in California using mag wheels. The caption says ³The
magnesium wheels were a factory racing option which appeared on every racing
car until the introduction of the TR7². Assuming there is some truth to the
caption, does anyone recall anything about these wheels? In particular would
be interested in knowing what widths they were available in at the time.

Wes Dayton