[Fot] Hooking up a Pertronix Ignitor and Flame Thrower coil in my TR6

jim hearn jimhearn1 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 25 23:35:56 MDT 2008

This TR6 is used entirely to race.  Currently it has the stock points and I
assume ballast resistor wire.  I will check the voltage to the coil for sure
before moving forward.  For the racing application, shouldn't I run 12 volts
to the coil?  Is this done best by running a new, clean wire from the key to
the coil?  The Ignitor instructions say not to remove the ballast wire but I
imagine this is referring to a completely stock set up and that it is OK to
remove it in my application.  What changes should I make in the plug gap or
heat range?  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.