[Fot] Jack Drews Died This Afternoon at Grattan

MARK J WEATHERS markjwea at msn.com
Sun Aug 17 07:06:31 MDT 2008

Everybody has their favorite story about Uncle Jack, particularly how he helped fellow FOT'ers. My favorite though is how he helped a guy he did not even know. Some fellow with a TR6 was on a road trip and his front upright failed. Somehow he got ahold of Jack out of the phone book. Although Jack did not know him from Adam , he called me (we were working on the spindle stiffener project at the time) and I overnighted him the one off of my car that we were using for the mockup. Of course the guy fixed his car and drove off, never to return the upright, and of course Jack found one and replaced mine. He was the most stand up guy your could ever want to work with and woudl do anything to help anybody.

Tony, I am so sorry for your loss but take comfort that he went out doing what he loved to do, we should all be so lucky.

Mark Weathers
72 TR6> From: N197TR4 at cs.com> Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 17:23:20 -0400> To: fot at autox.team.net> Subject: [Fot] Jack Drews Died This Afternoon at Grattan> > Friends of Triumphs> > Jack was my best friend for about 20 years. > > I feel as though I need to let folks know since I have this information.> > Within the past couple of hours Jack went off of Turn 1 at Grattan.> > It is not yet known if there was a mechanical failure, driver error, or > medical condition.> > More information will be available later.> > Joe & Jan Alexander> > </HTML>> _______________________________________________> http://www.team.net/donate.html> > Fot mailing list> Fot at autox.team.net> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/fot>