[Fot] My favorite memory of Jack...

BillDentin at aol.com BillDentin at aol.com
Sat Aug 23 08:54:25 MDT 2008

In a message dated 08/23/2008 9:28:34 AM Central Daylight Time,
rkramer3 at austin.rr.com writes:

> Larry may have remembered the liner issue as the cause of Jack's car being
> down incorrectly but the rest of the story was most likely accurate. As I
> remember it Jack had some issue and they put the head on Jack's car. The next
> day his camshaft failed putting Jack out for the weekend, making the head
> available for the liner spinning exercise.

Bob...

Well, Henry's comments jogged my memory, and Larry was, in fact, correct.
But Jack Drews turning the liners on the Thunder Bolt (same Hallett event) is
also true.  I've got pictures.

What I had wrong in the story was that I used Larry's head at that event.  In
fact, Jack Drews lent the head to me at another event (probably BLACKHAWK)
and I used it, before it was returned to Larry.

Just another part of the legend of how TRIUMPH folk help each other out.

I apologize for getting the story wrong.  I am closer to 70 than 69, and I
don't remember stuff too good these days.  I can't remember if I had
breakfast...until I look in the mirror.

Bill (Damdinger)

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel
deal here.