[Fot] Jack Drews

Steven Preiss spreiss at verizon.net
Sun Aug 24 07:18:10 MDT 2008

Wish Jack had been able to step back from the cockpit and redirect that energy solely towards the preparation and tuning aspects of the sport that he was so good at, and that in the long run is equally if not more essential to success than the driving. Don't know what it takes to be able to do that, especially when one is talented at both. There is much to be said for the division of labor, and I myself find it a very difficult principle to accept. Yet the success of the species (if one can call it that) is dependent on this principle. Hope this observation is not taken as criticism, but rather as constructive observation. Many if not most athletes it seems are not capable of stepping down gracefully from positions of glory, and the consequences are often painful if not tragic.
Steve P.