[Fot] FlameOut® FE-1301 fire extinguisher system

Bill Babcock Billb at bnj.com
Tue Aug 26 15:59:57 MDT 2008

Just an opinion, but an old fire extinguisher on a new race car seems
like bad economics. New one aren't cheap, but they are likely to work
when you need them and not when you don't. I vividly remember a guy I
was preparing to lap in a beautiful Aston Martin who's bargain fire
extinguisher picked that particular moment to light off. The car
disappeared in a cloud of powder and he ran briskly off the road,
fortunately in a good spot, but that was pure luck. I have always
stuck with Halon as a result.

On Aug 26, 2008, at 2:40 PM, Glenn Franco wrote:

> When I purchased my basket case Spitfire racer a few years ago, a
> FlameOut® FE-1301 extinguisher came with the car.
> It has a remote cable to push a pin out of the extinguisher and a T
> for
> plumbing.
> Does anyone have any experience with this system?
> Where have you placed the nozzles and does anyone know of a source
> for them?
> The T is for an inverted flare and the plumbing could be done with
> brake
> line?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance