[Fot] LUK clutches

Bill Babcock Billb at bnj.com
Wed Aug 27 10:31:59 MDT 2008

Ditto, though I use Quartermaster clutches. Other than a difference in
initial expense I can't see a reason to use stock junk--at least not
for racing. I'd probably use stock stuff in a street car because it's
probably easier on the transmission, and the passengers.  The
quartermasters are not cheap, though the bottom of the line V-Drive
unit isn't all that bad and is just a strong as the fancy one I run,
but pulling your engine one extra time would seem to justify the
expense. I probably spent more money trying to get stock clutches to
work than I have since I switched.  I did manage to screw up my
Quartermaster, but that was a stupid error on my part, and it still
worked for 12 more race weekends before failing.

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins
Billb at bnj.com
503.936.7660