[Fot] Watkins Glen The Legends Speak The FOT

BillDentin at aol.com BillDentin at aol.com
Wed Aug 27 10:57:33 MDT 2008

In a message dated 08/27/2008 11:45:54 AM Central Daylight Time,
N197TR4 at cs.com writes:

> The Legends Speak will be held at Layfayette Park on Friday at 3:00 PM in
> the Village of The Glen on 5 September 08. Those Legends are:
>
> Kas Kastner      Triumph's North America Manager of Competition.
> Ed Diehl            Triumph Factory Driver  12 Hours of Sebring  1963
> Roberts Johns    Triumph Factory Driver  12 Hours of Sebring  1957
> John Macartney  Triumph Factory Manager  (Marketing & Sales)
>
> All those that can should appear at Layfayette Park to ask interesting
> questions.

Joe...

Good idea, and as you know, because late Friday afternoon is when the race
cars make a trip from the track to downtown Watkins Glen for display and to
reenact the old street course race, getting there for the 3 PM program will be
difficult for most racers.  Hence crew and others will find that easier to do,
and should plan to do so.

For racers, I strongly recommend any who have never been to the GLEN before,
or who have never made that Friday late afternoon trip downtown before SHOULD
PLAN to do so.  It is a hoot, and only a limited number of cars will get
credentials to do that.  If interested you should register for it on Wednesday
night or early Thursday.

Bill Dentinger

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your
travel deal here.