[Fot] LUK clutches

Joe Boruch jaboruch at netzero.com
Wed Aug 27 14:01:17 MDT 2008

I have also been using Tilton and Quartermaster clutches for over 10 years.  I tried the single disc version for a couple of seasons, but found cracks in the friction disc, so I went back to the double disc this year.  The single disc is rated for over 200 ft-lbs of torque.  My car should be in the 170 ft-lb range, but I guess that was too much? (I am sure that 9 inch slicks don't help the situation either)  If someone has a low hp TR3/4 I have a very nice single disc Tilton clutch unit that I do not need any more.  Joe(B)

-- "Don Marshall" <ofbracing at nefcom.net> wrote:
My experience with the Tilton has been the same as Johns, no problems.  It came with the car and is probably the original setup from when Jack Wheeler had it.  Don