[Fot] WG get together

BillDentin at aol.com BillDentin at aol.com
Sat Aug 30 11:32:48 MDT 2008

In a message dated 08/30/2008 12:15:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
jrherrera90 at hotmail.com writes:

> <<< Jerry,
>
> Bob is referring to Bob Kamholtz, formerly of Genoa City, WI. He used to
> have a chedder color TR3, had the words 'Eat Cheese or Die' on the back, and
> raced it in Council as ASR becuase he put a Chevy V-6 in it.
>
> Was this car at ELVF XII in 1996 freshly painted (that morning at 2:30 AM)
> International Orange? >>>

Probably, but I don't believe it was never approved and/or allowed to race at
any sanctioned events.

I am sure it hurt poor Bob Kamholz' feelings, as he was proud of the car, but
truth be told it was scary looking (even before you turned it on), and even
if it could have 'passed Tech', the VSCDA had no real place for it.  Seems to
me Bob also had some sort of exotic Triumph powered special as well.  If I
remember, it was exotic, but also needed tons of renovation and  restoration.

I used to see him often in the 1980s and early 1990s.  I first met Bob at an
autocross he was running.  He was very enthusiastic, and had set the whole
thing up himself.  I remember him as being a very special 'Character'.  Very
likable.  Now that they have this Reality TV, I think he and his family could be
making a fortune.  Hell...he could afford to go racing like he really wanted
to.  I miss him.

Bill (Damdinger).

deal here.