[Fot] GT6 driveshaft #54 Yellow CVAR

igofaster at charter.net igofaster at charter.net
Sun Mar 23 12:35:09 MDT 2008

Howdee FoT!
Quantum gearbox is in the GT6, sans the T50 Toyota  :  (

My stock driveshaft won't go in without squeezing it in with the yolk totally compressed.
Forum question is, how much should I shorten the driveshaft. Rumor was Bob Davis moved the engine back about 1/2".  The gearbox does set on the very back of the stock rear mount, the rubber mounts are tweaked a little bit..   i.e.  it is not a straight mounting right down to the rear support. Moving the engine foward does not seem to be an option. The water pump is within 1/2" of the Griffin radiator.

I'm thinking shorten 1" AT LEAST...   what is the view of the forum.

Kindest regards, Happy Motoring....  Bobby Whitehead