[Fot] Cool Listing TR3

herald948 at aol.com herald948 at aol.com
Thu Mar 6 09:19:25 MST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Lang <lang at isis.mit.edu>

Yes, the prose is "deep", but if it's the car I think it is, it's a
real
collector car because it's pretty much unmolested. I'd be really
interested in seeing the documentation and verifying it if I was going
buy the car.

==AM==
I agree, Bob. There's also a pretty nice '59 TR3A on eBay right now, in
BRG. It's restored (maybe a bit overrestored?), and some aspects of the
car SCREAM restored as opposed to original. One obvious (to me) example
is the repro grille on the green car, which looks fine until you
compare it to an original and see that the repro has the narrower slots.

I'd take that grey car any day over the green one...unless I could only
have one AND wanted to drive the heck out of whichever one I bought. (I
could not bring myself to do that to the grey car!)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>