[Fot] sway bars

Bill Babcock Billb at bnj.com
Tue Nov 4 09:22:52 MST 2008

Now that I've lost my skid pad (industrial park was sold) I'm going to
have to pay a lot more attention to suspension modeling. A sway bar is
such an important element of handling. In the past I've fiddled with
the adjustment a lot and it's easy to see on a skid pad how much it
affects understeer and oversteer. I never cared about how much the
nose or tailed rolled, I just care how fast I can go around that
circle. You can transition from understeer to neutral to oversteer
with just a little sway bar adjustment. I don't know how a bar could
just be bolted on and work right.

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins
Billb at bnj.com