[Fot] 87mm liner needed

Henry Frye henry at henryfrye.com
Sat Nov 8 04:49:54 MST 2008

Many thanks to Joe Boruch, I am all set partswise.

Interesting follow-up, I brought the offending liner and piston to my machine
shop and they said I overheated that jug. The piston had a black spot 90
degrees from the crankpin, halfway up the skirt that matched the grooves in
the liner. The opposite side of the piston showed a little scuffing, but no
metal transfer yet. That is the area of the piston that expands the most when
hot. Apparently, I was running insufficient piston to cylinder wall
clearance.

Here's the kicker, this happened to the front cylinder, number 1, closest to
the water pump. The last place I would expect to overheat a jug.

So we are going to open up the piston to wall clearance some more across the
board...