[Fot] electric tach to fit TR4 tach body?

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Fri Dec 4 14:37:22 MST 2009

> Chris, I'm not sure I understand this statement.

My experience with the electric tach conversion in my TR4A is that the tach is not very happy. I
wasn't able to do careful measurements but the little that I did led me to believe that the voltage
was likely to drop *below* the critical voltage of whatever regulator is now inside the tach shell!

In another car, I've had problems with voltage swings and electronics - a rally computer, something
*made for automotive use* would reset itself mid-event, apparently because of voltage issues. The
manufacturers realized that this was a problem and sell another box to do "voltage conditioning" :-)

Dunno. All in all, a mechanical tach might be a better way to go in our old cars!