[Fot] UPS power backup

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Mon Dec 14 11:55:11 MST 2009

> Of course during the night, there would need to be some sort of alarm
> to notify the operator that there is an outage.  (Not to mention the hassle
> of actually getting out of bed and starting up the generator).

In truth, if I had not mentioned the 7 - 8 hours the servers were down,
would
any of you have actually noticed?  Management would have to give me a
pretty hefty raise to get me out of bed in the middle of the night to keep
FOT mail from being delayed a few hours ;-)  Of course, I usually go to bed
in the middle of the night, in the 3 - 4 am range.  Old habits die hard.

Actually I can afford a better UPS, just not the $1100 power cords I
should buy!  [ This from a thread on the shop talk list.  Interesting link,
Chris ]

mjb.