[Fot] Camshaft Cottage Industry - commercial announcement

Larry Young cartravel at pobox.com
Fri Jun 12 07:32:51 MDT 2009

With some hesitancy, I announce that I've taken another step with the
camshaft business and set up a website - www.tildentechnologies.com.  I
say with hesitancy, because I'm retired and I don't want this think to
get too large.  This site is actually more educational than commercial,
so (I hope) the Technical pages are a good place to learn about cams and
some of their pitfalls.  I got into camshaft design because I didn't
like the choices available, and the website explains why.  So far, I've
developed two cams, the 298 cam that several have run since 2005 (see
Testimonials) and a newly developed 310 cam for higher revs.  The 298
cam requires a full sized lifter, whereas the 310 cam will run on a Ford
lifter.   I would like to do a 298 cam for a Ford lifter and also a
street cam with about 275 degrees and 0.330 lift  All of my cams are
quick opening/closing and high lift compared to others with a similar
duration. All I need is four firm orders to justify cutting a master.  I
plan to get into TR250/5/6 cams, probably next year.  I've now got a Cam
Doctor, so I will soon be able to accurately measure camshaft profiles
as a service. If you're interested in any of this contact me off list.
Larry Young