[Fot] Alighnment killed my TR4 rotors?

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Tue May 19 09:15:26 MDT 2009

Sounds like the calipers didn't back off properly and overheated the
pads.  Jack had that issue with the stock calipers, and had heat
crazing on the pad and rotor.  I have a really hard time
understanding how the alignment would have caused that.  It would
cause tire wear for sure.

- Tony Drews

At 09:56 AM 5/19/2009, toodamnfunky at comcast.net wrote:
>Micheal,
>
>I suspect the alignment caused the rotor & pad damage but I still can't get
>the brakes to bleed
>
>and get the pedal back where it wants to be. I pushed almost two quarts of
>fresh fluid through
>
>over the weekend. I'm going to get new Wilwood masters to start with.
>
>All I haveB in the front circuit is the line splitter that runs to the left &
>right calipers.B
>
>jg
<snip>