[Fot] Trailer Ramp question

Tim Pettenati tpettenati at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 10:51:55 MDT 2010

All this talk of trailer ramps and then I spot the Harbor Freight Memorial Day
sale flyer.  Hey those ramps look just like mine and I know the the PO
couldn't pass on cheap barely adequate crap.  So I found the specs and they
are rated at 1000 lbs per pair total.  Sounds a bit under spec. for a car that
I'm guessing is about 1400+ lbs.

After a bit of measuring - The ramps are 6
ft. long and the Spit wheelbase is slightly longer. I only have a pair of
wheels on the ramps at any time while loading and unloading.  So far they
worked fine for a dozen or more cycles.

If you are looking for the cheap
adequate solution and have a short wheelbase, go find the HFreight coupon for
$39.99.

Tim