[Fot] TR3 and Southwick Conversion

davehogye dlhogye at comcast.net
Mon Jan 31 12:11:18 MST 2011

It's good to get some feedback regarding adjusting fender clearance.
It has been brought to my attention that track may be measured by some racing groups.
Has anyone had their cars' track scrutinized?
Tire and wheel size is related to the matter of clearance as well. I believe that TR3s should be to running 5.5" wheels max., but that depends on the race organization.
What tire, wheel, spacer combinations are being used for TR3s? If spacers are being used, then maybe the axle could be lengthen a bit.
Could the Southwick conversion for TR3s be lengthened by 1/4" overall? Is it worth going to the trouble of having the option from Southwick?
Moser cuts and machines the axles, it seams to me that an 1/8" adjustment could be easily made.
Again, 1/8" would really help the weld grinding situation. There really isn't that much weld on there when compared the the tube thickness. Perhaps no one has had a problem after removing some weld, but I thought this question was worth asking. If added length creates other problems, then it's probably not a good idea.
Thanks for the commentary,
Dave H.