[Fot] FW: TR6 Timing

Glenn Franco gaf3 at charter.net
Sun Jul 3 13:28:46 MDT 2011

Henry
I just went through the same process on a later model 1974 with a retard
mechanism and a 1970 with dualing advance mechansisms.
I set the basic timing to 12deg BTDC, left the retard diaphragm without
a vacuum line.  On the later model I left the only diaphragm (retard)
unplugged to vacuum.
Depending on your setup, I had triple Strombergs and dual downdraft Webers,
the only required vacuum is for the advance if available, Booster, and
Crankcase ventilation.
Performance should be good with that setup..
Good luck
Glenn