[Fot] Alternator Retrofit

TRDOCTOR at aol.com TRDOCTOR at aol.com
Fri Jun 3 15:35:59 MDT 2011

All,
Has anyone tried to retrofit a Delco alternator to a GT6?  I have a  '72
MKIII.  The reason I ask is that my rebuilder says that the 15ACR is  too
small with the air conditioning (factory/dealer) that is installed on the  car.
The problem is that to make it work I will have to find someone to
fabricate a new bracket.  The Delco wants to occupy the same place as the  solid
mount that is on the block.  Will something else work?  I has to  fit the same
footprint as the Lucas as the Lucas almost touches the hood  strut.
Thanks for all your help.

Sam Clark
Green Country Triumphs