[Fot] Liners and Alum rad cleaner

Greg & Alison Blake ablake2 at austin.rr.com
Mon Jun 6 21:48:24 MDT 2011

I have started the disassembly of the TR3 to determine what went wrong in
May at ECR.  Last night after removing the radiator, I flushed it with the
garden hose and found enough rust particles to cover the bottom of a jam
jar.  I use an aluminum radiator so my thinking right now is that these
particles must be from the liners.  The radiator also has a coating of oily
gunk presumable from one of my head gasket failures in past race weekends.
So I have two questions for the group:

1)       What is a good chemical treatment for flushing oily residue from
the alum radiator?

2)      Who are the current sources for good quality liners?

I am sure I'll have more questions once I pull and disassemble the engine.

Thanks,

Greg