[Fot] TR6 Clutch problem Help me help me

Henry Morrison dos_gusanos at msn.com
Thu Sep 1 09:32:51 MDT 2011

My TR6 Clutch won't work for,  well you know.     It works occasionally. but
most of the time not.

Here are the symptoms..........won't go into first when stopped.

If you start the car in first while holding the clutch the car will try to
crawl slowly forward unless you hold the brakes.

Every once in a while it works fine for a shift cycle.

My desperate attempts to fix this include...................

replacing pins on clutch master, installing pedal bushings, shimmed cylinder
backwards towards transmisson, rebuilt both cylinders, installed the
adjustable rod and I've bled the thing multiple times.

The clutch is a mix and match from the barn.  The car is a '69  the pressure
plate is from about a '72.  The disc from something else and the throwout
bearing was NOS.

I thought after a little disc wear this would all work but I guess I'm just
not hard enough on the clutch.

Thank you in advande for your insights..........

Cheers Henry Morrison (never been puched around by a clutch like this before)