[Fot] Tranny synchos ( Bob Johns)

Robert Johns rjohns at woh.rr.com
Sat Sep 10 20:35:27 MDT 2011

I read with interest the conversation about obtaining and / or salvaging
syncho rings.  Some of you know that I was at the Triumph Register
International gathering at Harrogate, England in July. There were several
vendors there selling TR parts. One in particular catch my attention.  He was
a older fellow that had worked for Standard in Coventry. His name is Dave
Gleed ( Coventry Classics).  He had a treasure throve of original parts.  Two
items in particular amazed me. There was a nice bunch of new syncro rings
laying there to be had. I picked up some and showed them to a friend and said:
How amazing, as I had seen the time I could have used some of them.
The other item of particular interest was original thermostats with the bypass
shut off sleeve. I know there has been conversation about obtaining them of
our FOT chat line.   In case someone wants to contact him, his mail address
is, as he has no web site or email:

Dave Gleed
Coventry Classics
16 Aldbury Rise