[Fot] Taking the Leap

Sam Clark trdoctor at aol.com
Mon Sep 19 13:31:22 MDT 2011

YEARS ago I took a 3 day class at Jim Russell at Riverside CA driving formula
fords.  It was a blast.  Went back a year later and did a lapping day.  That's
as far as my racing career went.  It did help with spirited driving though.  I
have been to Hallett raceway in Jennings, OK a few times for the vintage races
and have driven the track during the lunch break and it was fun.  I also
helped Larry Young some.  He didn't need it but it fun.
Last week there was a Groupon for a day of High Speed Touring  for half price
which included a race port, transponder, and class room sessions.  The only
down side is it is on Nov. 19.  Oh, well.  I just picked up my helmet today so
here goes. . .   Larry even offered to crew for me.  It will be the TR6 and
the GT6.  Should be fun.  Any advice?

Sam
Green Country Triumphs