[Fot] TR6 Clutch problem Help me help me

william r tobin william.tobin31 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 1 11:39:41 MDT 2011

Hi list, I agree with Scott and Chris as to the taper pin holding the fork
to the cross shaft being the culprit.
Another wear point is the pins that actually hold the T/O brg to the fork;
they can wear flat and cause problems. A quick and effective fix is to grab
the pins with Channel locks and turn them half way around (they are just
pressed in) and you have a new pin surface. Or just buy new ones. PN 100164
from TRF; $2.50 ea. NFI.
If the taper pin is broken off in the cross shaft it can be a PITA to get
out. PN 158777 $12. Always good to reinforce the fork when you have it
apart. (I know of one that is welded!) Chris' idea is very good.
The cross shaft bushings are also replacable.
Good luck.
Bill