[Fot] Taking the Leap

Scott Janzen sjanzen at me.com
Tue Sep 20 07:31:55 MDT 2011

My mechanical advice is to make sure the car has have plenty of oil, coolant is topped up,  tires are at pressure and you've bled the brakes.  Better yet, go out on a straight road, get up to speed and jam on the brakes and make sure they don't pull to one side.  I've found that putt-putting around at moderate speeds, I often don't notice that there's  a frozen caliper or the equivalent, because the system is not getting stressed like it would on a race track.
The day will be much more fun if you aren't chasing mechanical issues.