[Fot] Taking the Leap

Jason Ostrowski jason at multivintage.com
Tue Sep 20 11:14:53 MDT 2011

For that matter, same advice on the GT6. In general the stock set up on the
rear axles is not appropriate for majorly pushing it on the track in an
HPDE. Having fun out there with a track touring approach is one thing...but
keep in mind that under a strong cornering load the axles have been known to
buckle under and fail with devastating consequence. This has happened to
more than one of even the best and well prepared GT6 race cars owned by
esteemed members of this very group. All of us GT6 racers would not even
think about going out without some type of upgraded set-up. And by far
the best stock set up is that of the GT6+ or mark 2. Flush any old brake
fluid and use Castrol LMA from a fresh unopened bottle. Also consider
draining the trans fluid and using the best available synthetic fluid Royal
Purple Syncromax or Red Line MTL. Oh, and bring a spare transmission with
you just in case. :)
Have Fun!
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing GT6