[Fot] TR 3 / 4 Distributor gear failure

tr4racing at googlemail.com tr4racing at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 27 00:10:03 MDT 2011

Dear FOT,

I'm on search about information why this gear somtimes wear out quickly and sometimes it lasts aons.

For my part I do see two different types of cam gears:

1. Teeth with sharp edges ( like stock cams)
2. Teeth with camfered edges

In my case only the cams with camfered edges seems to wear out the stock gear wheel.

Can anyone confirm this? Or was it just bad luck and it happens to sharp edged cams too?

I would like to plasma nitride hardening the stock wheel to get a better protection. Any idea if that will work?

Cheers
Chris
Gesendet mit BlackBerry von Vodafone