[Fot] Spit engine progress

Bobby Whitehead igofaster at att.net
Sun Apr 1 17:32:46 MDT 2012

After the weekend at TWS and nothing blowing up, I came home and wrestled the
oil leak on the front of the car. Machine shop had stripped out one of the
mounting bolts of my alloy plate. I had another ARE engine plate which I
installed. The front seal mount was also a bit out of being flush with the bare
engine front so I tapped it back into position and mounted the timing cover and
front ancillaries back into position. Still a small leak from the timing cover
but after pulling all that stuff off and on twice, I can live with a small drip
for now.

I also found some more jets for the Mikuni's (sp) and I've taken the GT6 back up
to Pinnacle Motorsports at ECR for a few more dyno runs and fine tuning. Gregg
Rodgers wanted to add about 4" to the steering column to bring the steering
wheel closer to me. The Kirkey seat sets real high in my arm pits and I'm
bruising after a weekend in that area. My belts are up this year and Gregg
recommended a nice set of the Schroth 5 point harness set up... can't wait.... I
want to bring up my Miata for track day at Cresson MSR on the 14th... ready ,
set , GO!
    Bobby Whitehead
#39 DP Triumph GT-6+

From: William Collins <bkolnz at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Spit engine progress

Hey Gang,

Looks like I'm on track for the 14th track day  at MSR,,, and then the
Mitty.       Hovman and I  have been spending a few hours during the week
bringing along the build in a  concise and accurate pace.   I'm thinking a start
up next  week-end,  and if good,   odds and ends for until the  14th.

Any news from U's guys?

Bill