[Fot] A.R.E. TR6 HS on Speed Reality Show "HARD PARTS"

Joe Alexander n197tr4 at cs.com
Fri Jul 27 08:34:35 MDT 2012

FOT:

This comes from Sean Alexander. I also heard about this from CMS's Gary
Hunter.

Watch the reality show Hard Parts South Bronx episode Vapor Locked.  Saturday
at 9pm central time on SPEED

07/28
 | 10:00pm ET
						Vapor Locked

The show designs a heat shield for 1972 TVR that has a TR6 engine in it that
has a vapor lock problem...he goes thru the process of a mock-up card board
model template and then having one hand fabed from alum that looks almost
identical to ours......long story short the close up when they instal it on
the car its not the alum one he had hand fabed but is clearly our stainless
steel one because you can see the the "E" of the "ARE" logo.

BTW, the original design for this Heat Shield was borrowed from an aluminum
one that IRV KOREY had on his TR6 from the early 70s. We refined the design
and changed the material to Stainless Steel and put it on production
equipment.  THANKS IRV!

Joe A.