[Fot] TR2 Tires

Richard Taylor tarch at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 16 07:23:51 MDT 2012

Back in the mid 80's I vintage raced an Austin Healy 100-4 with Michelin X
tires and 48 spoke wheels. The drifting was exciting but we lost a lot of
time in the turns. When I switched to wider, stickier tires, the outside
wheels quickly became 18 spoke wheels.

My observation: better tires require more spokes. I couldn't resist the
temptation so I switched to 72 spokes which performed flawlessly.

And, of course, I drove the car to and from the track.

Richard Taylor
TR-4 #196