[Fot] A-Type O/D Conversion Shift Tower Issue

Glenn Franco gaf3 at charter.net
Sun Nov 17 15:10:27 MST 2013

Hi All

I'm converting an early TR6 Trans to Overdrive.
The issue I'm having is drilling and tapping the shift tower for the
lock out switches.
The installed back up lamp switch has a thread pitch of 2mm per my
thread gauge and the O.D. is just shy of 16 mm.
I'm assuming a 16mm x 2 tap. Is this correct?

The second issue I'm having is the oil pump plunger refuses to come out
of the housing.
The eccentric on the output shaft was completely worn out. I'm guessing
there's an issue there.
Any suggestions for removal?

Thanks in advance
Glenn